Possible Kissing spine. Advice please

dougan

New User
Visit site
Hi was just looking for any advice about it and treatment?
As on saturday i was jumping or should i say trying to! I have had my boy for 4 1/2 years and in that time he has only refused 3 maybe 4 times and if we having a bad day jumping we only have 4 poles down max. But on saturday he refused 3 times and knocked 80% of the jumps down, so i knew there was something wrong as he is the most honest horse ever.

So got my back man out today he reacted quite strongly to finger pressure on the last 3 Thoracic Spondylosis (think that what it says). Wasn't quite sound on the first trot up and wasn't quite right with both pastern joint!

So his advice was to get vet out to x-ray his spine and scan him, vet is coming out tomorrow.

Just wondered does this sound like he could have kissing spine or could it maybe something else?
Also how much would you say the x-ray would likey to cost? i know its not cheap at all!
I know a lot of horses have ks but i been a mess since he said he may have it! Dont know how i be tomorrow if he has got it!

Any info would be get.
Thank you

Hets83

Visit site
Dougan, try not to get dis heartened. If it is Kissing Spine they are lots of things you can try now. My ex racehorse never ever refused when jumping either and was very tight in back so vet and physio investigated and kissing spine was diagnosed. He has 11 gaps affected and vet could not believe he was still winning at dressage, injections made no difference but there were a couple of vertebrae overlapping so needle could not go in. As soon as I mentioned kissing spine lots of people just said: 'Oh no' but I am determined to be positive ad give him every chance. Luckily he is insured so I was able to go down route of snipping ligament surgery and we are currently 3 weeks post op and he is walking well and was turned out in a pen today for the first time. My physio has given me lots of tips to do when I bring him back into work - using a TENS machine can help, strengthen tummy muscles by doing raised pole work and even bought on of the equi core systems to use. There is hope if it turn out to be kissing spine.