Post images of all your Horse‘s Veterinary Conditions

loopylucifer

Visit site
picture of leg with damage to sdft and ddft just after scaning
photo0024.jpg

this it 3 months on having had tendoscopy surgry there ia a hard lump of tissue but it seems to be going on its own slowly
Photm.jpg

same horse got stung by some bees and got this the next day
Photo0177.jpg

and this is same day but few hours later. do have pics of the nxt day when had dobled in size and was peeling but can't find them at the mo.
Photo0184.jpg

Cedars

Visit site
Hi guys,

Nothing as bad as any of yours, and no photos, but just wanted to post my experience in case someone else has something similar.

Have a mare, typically "moody", pretends to bite when putting on saddle, brushing her stomach but especially her armpits, generally safe as houses to ride. She reared up and over about 3 months ago now, bf jumped off and she got away with a few cuts to her back leg, didn't think much of it, changed girth cos thought it was a reaction to her dislike of the humane girth.

Anyway, other day reared up and over, but full on went for it - eventually gave up when so tired she couldn't get up off of floor. Really bad cuts etc etc etc.

Anyway, vet out today and it is severe stomach ulcers - some 4 out of 4. Vet thinks that it will almost definitely account for the things we put down as generally moody. Anyway, just goes to prove that its not always back or teeth (although we have had them checked as well!!!!).

xxxxx

whizzica

Visit site
My 22 year old pony had a dorsal wall resection 2 weeks ago after a crippling attack of laminitis. Thought you might like to see his xrays before trimming and photos of after.
He has coped amazingly with it and is doing really well so far! fingers crossed xx
10863_3.jpg

10863_2.jpg

24092009346.jpg

24092009345.jpg

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Thought you may all like to see the x-ray taken today of a broken jaw ...

CharliesXray.jpg

We think it happened about a week ago, possibly being kicked by an unshod horse during play. His owner noticed that he wasnt quite himself for a few days but couldnt put her finger on why.

Charlie will be off work for at least a couple of months, but the good news is that it will heal itself. A calcified lump has begun to grow which is the bodies way of protecting the site.

JenHunt

Visit site
This is Ron in 2006, when the vitiligo was just starting.
RonAllertonParkOPN06.jpg

and this was him in 2008
DSC_3148.jpg

and these 2 were in Jan 09
CIMG2388.jpg

CIMG2389.jpg

I have no desire to treat it. It doesn't affect him more than making him a little more prone to sunburn, and in a strange way his new markings kind of suit him. The insurance company have asked for a letter of explanation from my vets, and a copy of it stays with his passport.

jojosim

New User
Visit site
Hi, I had convinced myself that my horse has vitilago and having just seen your pictures I now know she has! would you mind telling what cream your using? and does his skin flake off and crack? My mare had 8 biopsies and skin scrapes and the only thing they could come up with was that she is hypersensitive, the de-pigmentation was put down to her rubbing herself but her front feet have now started to change colour. I will try to put some pictures on but I'm rubbish at these things!
thanks Jo

Shrimp

Visit site
Severe infected foot after perforating his sole, he could barely walk when it was at its worst.

DSCF1304.jpg

And spent 30 mins everyday for 3 months doing this....and being dressed everyday aswell as wearing a big hoof wellie, he was such a saint!
DSCF1293.jpg

Tnavas

Visit site
After an argument with a gate - vet stitched skin together
Tracheostomy_003web.jpg

After a few days, skin broke down and stitches broke away
100_0345web.jpg

After a total of 5 weeks from original injury after treatment with 'Active Manuka Honey'
100_0431web.jpg

xsara1

Visit site
Here is some pics of some cuts
This is a yearling that jumped over a hedge and got caught on a bit of barb wire fencing cutting the top of his fore arm pic about two weeks later when he came nack from the vets
DSC00213.jpg

when it was nearly healed when he went back out to grass it is now hardly noticable
DSC00259.jpg

This is a wound on a two year olds leg which we think he put his foot through some branches it was about 6 weeks after he had done it and did heal to leave just a small line scar vet was amazed. Will try and find the original wound
DSC00234.jpg

Eaglestone

Visit site
Dead Pinworm in droppings, in a 30 year old horse .... apparently there is a known wormer resistance to Pinworm, which causes the horse to Scratch prefusely on anything, which can be catastrophic
frown.gif

Photo1162.jpg

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Eric, TB, bitten by a dog above hock.
Infection spread above and below and stripped his leg of fur down to flesh and eventually travelled throughout his body.

4517600524_35b035b831_b.jpg

4516968419_5ec30e95a5_o.jpg

4516968351_3e0444543c_b.jpg

4517600770_fbbe0b7197_b.jpg

4516967651_ab121fd6e6_b.jpg

4516967273_b2f3ae6718_b.jpg

4516966989_872d548b62_b.jpg

4517599034_63d027c77d_b.jpg

TheMule

Visit site
Slightly different as these are obviously taken post-mortem.

Normal leg on left, Injured SDFT/DDFT on right-
Picture005-1.jpg
Picture002-1.jpg

Normal on left, injured on right-
Picture011.jpg

Injured on top, normal on bottom-
Picture008.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Sirreal

Visit site
This is a lump on Ziggy's fetlock. Not sure what it is but doesn't cause any lameness, and it's not hard. Any Ideas? :):)

profile.php

(it's on his near foreleg)
thanks

Toffee44

Visit site
DSC01215.jpg
I had only left the field about an hour before recieving a phone call that her nose was hanging off potentinally she could have been like this all night :O

DSC01219.jpg
some stitches later. No scar now what so ever if you look ever so closely theres a tiny weeny skin tag on the inside of her nose.

I walked the field time and time again and never ever found how she did this!!

dreamcometrue

Visit site
My horse tripped and fell onto his knees on the road. He lay there with his legs folded under him for ages before getting up. This is what he did and that is the joint capsule you can see. Luckily he didn't tear it

DSCF0003.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

He was put on Bute, antibiotics and box rest only for one day. Vet said he needed to move about so that the scar tissue wasn't tight.

A few days later

DSCF0006.jpg

And now, 4 years later, he has little baldy patches on his knees

100_0685.jpg

Minxie

Visit site
I've actually posted these on HHO before so apologies if you've already seen them. This is Turbo's leg after he got caught on an electric wire fence which 'cheesewired' down this leg. If you look closely you can see the wire scored the bone. Its his near hind leg.

The front shot

Turbo160804.jpg

Side shot

Turbo2160804.jpg

The inside side shot

Turbo5160804.jpg

A back shot

Turbo31608.jpg

A week later

09-08-04-1.jpg

Muffin

Visit site
Ouch! THat looks nasty!

Got a couple more....

Two year old growing quite quickly suddenly started getting swelling on fetlock and hock - excuse the mud, she is a real bog pony and used to spend all her time in the stream running through the field! We kept her in for a couple of weeks, swelling went down and didn't come up again - if it hadn't we were going to go down the x ray route to check her growth plates....

[image]
Mupleg1.jpg
[/image]

[image]
mupleg2.jpg
[/image]
Hi
Could you possibly let me know more about the swellings on your 2 year olds hocks? I have a yearling with a big hock,first noticed it after he'd been galloping round a muddy paddock. Not lame on it but cant get rid of swelling. What sort of treatment helped yours?
Any feedback much appreciated

Thankyou