post operation

ECHO230503

Visit site
sorry took so long to post.operation went fine she is doing great.HOWEVER she has a longditudinal tear in the tendon that runs over the bone in the hock,it has caused an arthritis lump on the bone.HE CANT FIX IT.i am so upset she has a 25% chance to recover as a hack horse.it will just keep tearing with dressage as the amount of preasure put on the hocks.she was meant to be my super star dressage horse.i had broke her in she was going beautifully it was all great.Michel Assouline liked her alot he said she had the right attitude,a lovely mouth and good paces.I am crying as i right this.she was only 3 (flemmingh mare).She had so much potential and i had waited since she was a yearling as i dont have much money so bought her cheap.i cant afford to buy another horse as i would need to take out huge bank loan.i was hoping to be on the byrds scottish team next year but that aint going to happen either.i cant believe it i am so devastaded.

star

Visit site
really glad she came through the op ok. sorry to hear the news though - can imagine you must be really really gutted.

my horse might be having his op tomorrow, depending on what the surgeon says. i would just like him sound enough to mooch round the field without being in pain as he is 20 and has already had a good, successful, competition and working life.

ECHO230503

Visit site
if he gets the op good luck with him,ask if they have the pulley system to help them up after as thats what my vet has but quite new thing,very good as helps horses stay up once up instead of doing the drunkin horse getting up

Caritas

Visit site
I am really glad the operation went well although my greatest sympathies are with you. How sad, what a traumatic experience for you, I totally understand how you must feel, like your world is falling apart. My horse had a serious op last December and I thought it may have been the end of his career but I was lucky enough that he came right. Do try and keep your chin up and best of luck, miracles do happen xx