post surgery report

GSD Woman

Visit site
Category 4 Hurricane Freddie had surgery to remove a big bunch of presumed scar tissue from the top of her head. It is going for biopsy, just to be sure. Last night she was a bucking bronco. She had a hard cone on because she was trying to rub the sutures. She spun, she bucked, she half killed me. This morning she couldn't manage to drink or pee wearing the cone. I took it off and she's been lovely. On the hand, my poor body is broken. 63lb insane dog vs. 134lb human with a bad back is a bad bet for the owner.

Bellasophia

Visit site
Wishing you and Freddy gook luck for the biopsy results.
Ive never used the cones( post spay etc) but always sewn a padded item relative to the location. Eg padded tee shirt for spay..in this case I’m thinking a baby’s bonnet with padding sewn in(with ear holes).…. ..ridiculous as it sounds, the dog would not have to wear the dreaded cone,yet would not be able to scratch its stitches out..plus pics would be an absolute must.:)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
We have a padded donut ring which does exactly the same job as a cone but is much more comfortable for all concerned and much more robust than the plastic cone that only made it as far as the vet's car park.

GSD Woman

Visit site
Since I work where the surgery was done it is a hospital cone that I need to clean and return. I took the cone off yesterday morning because poor Freddie couldn't figure out how to drink or pee. She's left the sutures alone. I had purchased a donut off of Amazon and I'm debating on returning it. Rudy may need to be neutered for health reasons and I may need it in a few months.
Bella Sophia, I'll try and post pictures later today. I'm off to purchase chicken food.