Posting a rug

dumpling

Visit site
Ive put an old turnout rug on eBay. I already have 1 bid. I'm not too sure how to post it though? It's a heavyweight so quite large. Do you think put in a small-ish box and sent by a courier? Not sure if post office would deal with something do bulky.

How have you sent yours?

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I posted some to a sanctuary in Ireland so a bundle of two rugs. I squeezed them into a rug bag, then two biners. Covered in duct tape to compress the package. Cost about £15 to post I think? Just normal post :)

Paddy Irish

Visit site
Hi i've sent loads of rugs via the post office. Try to fold your turnout as small as possible and then tie some string ( balertwine) around it to keep it as tightly wrapped as possible. Then you need something like a good thick feed bag or similar , turn it inside out so that there's no writing on it and no crumbs etc , pop your rug in then fold excess bag over and use plenty of parcel tape to secure. Don't bother with bin liners cos they're useless.

legaldancer

Visit site
I posted one (horseware combo stable rug) just before Christmas in double black bin liners and the Royal Mail managed to lose it.

As I'd wrapped it in bin liners it has worried me that it may have got mistaken for rubbish and for this reason I won't be using bin liners again, despite taping it round with brown parcel tape.

A feed bag is a good idea, but I'd avoid black!

It has been a complete faff putting the claim in and I have lost out on eBay and PayPal fees as they only compensated me the exact postage and price the rug made.

How can a 6'3 combo disappear into thin air on a journey of 50 miles?! :(

starryeyed

Visit site
As others have said, when I've posted rugs i've sent them in really tough bags - feed bag material rather than bin liner because they just tear & aren't strong enough. Loads of tape, and i've always sent them through the post office :) I have always done recorded delivery though, I tend to do it for most "pricier" things just to be on the safe side.

angel7

Visit site
Forget all the above
Go to Tesco or asda and ask for a big box, they will be happy to oblige. Log onto interparcel.com and book courrier to collect. MAny will deliver tracked for less than £10 and insured aswell.
Royal mail are too expensive and keep loosing stuff, takes weeks to get your compensation.
Courrier is cheaper than RM for anything over about 5kg. You can also sent HUGE boxes for the same cost.