Posting a saddle: best courier?

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
I need to post a saddle to someone......... need some recommendations about best couriers to use.

I'd want to make sure that the item was insured and that it was signed for basically.

I will never, ever, use Parcelfarce again!!!

Any recommendations peeps? Ideally it would be good to get a courier who'd come and pick up from my house; this happened before when I ordered something and needed to return it, but I can't remember who it was!!

Thanks!

holeymoley

Visit site
Myhermes pick up at your house but I find their posting service to be longer. I think it really depends on your area, I use PF which I see you don't like but I've never had any problems with them. The worst I've used is yodel.

Summer pudding

Visit site
I used Interlink Express this week. Did the online stuff on Sunday, saddle collected on Monday from home, delivered on Tuesday - I was given all the timings and it cost £16.50 ish...very straight forward and efficient, with no staying in. They even told me who signed for the saddle. Probably expensive, but a saddle is an expensive item.

Cheshire Chestnut

Visit site
I've just had someone send me a saddle through the post and she did it with Royal Mail on their 48 service and it was only £16.40 even after all the packaging and box etc. Very surprised as I don't tend to use them as I think they're expensive but maybe I might reconsider in the future.