Posting a saddle??

palomino_pony

Visit site
Has anyone sold a saddle on ebay? I have 2 to sell but wondering how people have posted them. May sound daft but what packaging did you use and where can you get it from? Also post office or courier???? Help please!
confused.gif

catembi

Visit site
I've sold 3. I posted them using boxes that PC monitors came in (o/h is head of IT) with lots of polythene 'air' type packaging that I'd received in other parcels. Used P.O. parcels service, but the prices will all have changed since I last sold one. I think I paid around £20 to £30. It's a good idea to get the weight below 10kg to avoid going up a price bracket, altho that might have changed.

roxbox

New User
Visit site
I used to use monitor boxes as well but monitors are now flat screen ones and the saddle wont fit in. So go down to your local supermarket and see what boxes they have.

birdof1977

Visit site
Morning.
I sell a fair bit of stuff on ebay, packaging as above, but I would use a courier. Try interparcel.co.uk, they have a deal with DHL, 48hr service from £6.99+VAT, they will pick it up from you, and you can pay for it via Paypal. You need to register etc with them, but its really easy. I use them a lot, and they're really reliable.
Hope this helps.
smile.gif

saskia295

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Morning.
I sell a fair bit of stuff on ebay, packaging as above, but I would use a courier. Try interparcel.co.uk, they have a deal with DHL, 48hr service from £6.99+VAT, they will pick it up from you, and you can pay for it via Paypal. You need to register etc with them, but its really easy. I use them a lot, and they're really reliable.
Hope this helps.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I did too. I think (with insurance) I paid about £16 for 48 hr service. And they picked it up from work too!

Use LOTS of padding though, particularly along the tree and over the cantle.