Power phazer vs Tritec....discuss

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I currently use power phaser gel which does work but those horrid tiny black bitey flies still seem land on the bits that the gel isn't on. They drive poor delicate cobbler crazy.

Wondering if worth trying tritec instead? The power phaser works quite well on horse flies but they are really dropping off here now and these little black ones appear even worse if you are a sensitive little flower ?

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I use P fazer for when am riding, and Tri Tec when turning back out.
I havent tried the gel, is that pretty good?

Yes because you can make sure evrey bit of them covered evenly and if ponies don't like spray they dont mind the gel. Only problem is if you miss a bit they the horrid little buggers land on it ?

Sir barnaby

Visit site
I use leovet power phaser whenever needed and so far it’s been brilliant I’ve not had to use my fly rugs at all this year, I have lovely Mare that’s in foal keeping barney company and owner said she would definitely need a fly rug on, but Ive put the spray on each morning and sometimes in an evening if needed and she has been fine with no problems with flies so far. It’s the best I’ve used so far. I used to use fly away but phaser seems so last longer.

NinjaPony

Visit site
I use Tri-tec. It's the only one I've used that seems to make any difference...

I can't use Power Phaser; it smells so strongly that I'm positive it will irritate my boy's already damaged airways and I don't want him breathing it in.

I think out of all the options Tri-Tec is a good bet.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I cannot stand the smell of Power Phaser. Petty, I know. I prefer Tri-Tec. I do use the Power Phaser gel around my guy's sheath, belly, and chest when the bugs get really bad and still manage to bite those areas even with a fly sheet in. The gel works quite well and I don't need so much of it either.

Sir barnaby

Visit site
Just had a look on trI tec on viovet website as I’ve never come across it before and it says not to be used directly on horse or rugs or clothing do you water it down or spry it on a sponge, it is also very expensive so I would probably use it if it was the only thing available, and nothing else works. I do use fly rugs on very bad days but I’m in an area where the flies are not too bad 10 miles down the road though and they are terrible and all horses have fly rugs on and sweet itch rugs so we are lucky.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It is EU regs that mean they can't say to use it on horses but plenty do around the world (US the packaging is different I think)
It contains insecticides which others, except for deosect I think, don't. I have used it and deosect interchangeably, partly because if was doing feathers I always had enough deosect available to do the rest of him.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Just had a look on trI tec on viovet website as I’ve never come across it before and it says not to be used directly on horse or rugs or clothing do you water it down or spry it on a sponge, it is also very expensive so I would probably use it if it was the only thing available, and nothing else works. I do use fly rugs on very bad days but I’m in an area where the flies are not too bad 10 miles down the road though and they are terrible and all horses have fly rugs on and sweet itch rugs so we are lucky.

we apply it direct the horses. Also, spray fly masks with it. It states it lasts 14 days, we think we get a good 7-10 on most of the horses.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The trouble with Frank was that in work he required rather a lot of washing in summer which I was never sure was terribly conducive to long term fly sprays.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I bought Tritec this year and for the price I'm very disappointed with it. I get a better result from 50/50 dettol/vinegar.

Evie91

Visit site
I use power phaser spray on the horse and sometimes on myself (over clothing!) when off for a hack. I think it’s good stuff, but does smell awful. Having tried many brands over the years I do think this is one of the more effective.
Not used tritec so can’t compare.