Poxy Horse!!

LaurenBay

Visit site
Same routine as every other day, go to field, load the wheelbarrow up with hay and give dominant Horse his pile first, take a big handful for my mare to eat whilst I get the barrow refilled for her pile so she isn't left out.

This afternoon I forget my yard coat so have to wear my brand new riding jacket, no harm as just haying the Horses. My mare decides today she doesn't want her little pile and will wait by the gate for me to enter with the barrow, no problems there. Until she decides that its so super duper exciting and starts chucking her hooves around in the air (was pulling some moves that even the Spanish Riding School would be amazed) narrowly missing my head! not to mention splattering me from head to toe in mud. My poor new jacket! and I have had to go back to work with streaky makeup and mud clumped hair!!!

She did get a telling off for the yipee moment, whilst I am over the moon she is happy, I'd appreciate it if she didn't explode next to my head next time! She did look very sorry for herself after.

At least wanted to ride in my jacket once before getting ruined

horsemadelsie

Visit site
They always know when you want to keep clean! I used to bring a wimpy horse in during my lunch break in the winter- I thought wellies, waterproof trousers, coat, hat and scarf would keep me clean- oh no. On more than one occasion he would jump into the wettest puddle while I was leading him, sending a torrent of muddy water down inside my welly, soaking my socks and the bottom of my work trousers that stuck out from the slightly-too-short-but-it-doesn't-matter-because-they're-tucked-inside-my-boot waterproof trousers! I swear he was doing it on purpose!

SEL

Visit site
I've got one of those today. Was just lunging pre work so chucked tracksuit bottoms over work trousers. Cue meltdown by the big boy on turning out. An Ardennes calvary charge through the gateway when you're 2 feet away is superb for the mud splattered look.

Stopped at local coffee place on way in to work with plan of grabbing coffee then tidying up in their car park. In walks my boss and starts small talk in the queue. And no, i hadn't spotted the smear of mud by my right ear... at least I'd taken my wellies off I guess.