Prascend- cheapest safest suggestions

Lissie2

Visit site
Hi

My boy, following last post about odd shedding, has been diagnosed with Cushings by vet. So where’s the best cheapest place to get Prascend? He needs one tablet a day.

Thanks in advance!

HashRouge

Visit site
Have a look at all the online vet med sites (VioVet, Vetmedic, Animeddirect etc) as the price varies. Usually you will be able to get if for under £1 per tablet on one of the main sites. But you will need a prescription from your vet too, which most vets charge for, although it is not too expensive.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I have found that Animed is consistently the cheapest, usually around 98p a tablet. My 11.2 pony is on 3 tablets a day so every saving is appreciated.

jojo5

Visit site
Just bear in mind one thing - last time I looked into it, the cost of my vets prescription plus the cost of cheaper Prascend added up more or less to the cost of getting it direct from my vet. May be different now as it varies......

TwyfordM

Visit site
Viovet isn't the cheapest but it's £1.09 per tablet and I can honestly say their delivery and service is fab and you can rely on them so I stick with.

It's £2.25 per tablet from my vets so they are considerably cheaper...

jojo5

Visit site
Chuffy99 - are you able to say what part of the country you are in? As MM says, that’s a great price from a vet....

Crackerz

Visit site
I buy a whole box at a time, so my vet matches the cheapest online quote which saves me the hassle of shopping around and messing about with prescriptions

gem1979

Visit site
If you use Quidco or TopCashBack to claim cashback you can currently get it from petdrugsonline for 0.98 per tablet with 7% cashback for new customers or 3% for existing. On 160 tablets I got about £11 back last time as a new customer. My vets charge £1.29 per tablet. Doing it this way cost me £1.01 per tablet including the £16 prescription charge. £46 saving!

Northern Hare

Visit site
I buy a whole box at a time, so my vet matches the cheapest online quote which saves me the hassle of shopping around and messing about with prescriptions

I do this as well - I buy 160 at a time and it’s about the same as online plus the prescription charge, so I’m happy enough with buying it from the vets.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Just bear in mind one thing - last time I looked into it, the cost of my vets prescription plus the cost of cheaper Prascend added up more or less to the cost of getting it direct from my vet. May be different now as it varies......

I did a deal with my vet - and then another, better one, when the 2nd horse was diagnosed as well. He did tell me not to tell anyone.