PRB horseboxes after sales?

theopuppy

Visit site
Hi, I’m thinking of getting a second hand PRB but someone on Facebook has posted a real problem with PRB after buying a second hand one.. namely major works to replace faulty parts were not done as agreed and the company were unhelpful to rectify. I’m now having doubts, so wonder if anyone else can share their experiences. Been bitten before with rubbish horseboxes and killing myself to pay for a second hand better quality box. Thanks.

Lady Jane

Visit site
I saw that post too. I didn't do further searches for comments on that page to see the general concesus of opinion. Were you planning on getting it inspected? If that was done after any remedial work it would cover you

theopuppy

Visit site
I saw that post too. I didn't do further searches for comments on that page to see the general concesus of opinion. Were you planning on getting it inspected? If that was done after any remedial work it would cover you
I wasn’t going to get it inspected but perhaps better had if I go ahead. There are old reviews which are mainly good with just the odd unsatisfactory one.. again highlighting poor after sales.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
Absolutely always get it inspected. If a company fails to efficiently rectify issues then treat that as a serious warning sign as no one needs the hastle or expense. Also if it is a truck ensure that the cab fully tilts as otherwise it will cost a fortune to service and repair.

TTK

Visit site
I'm local to PRB and they service my box for me. I have always found them helpful, photos of parts replaced and good service if rather expensive. But I have never bought a box from them.

Lady Jane

Visit site
I wasn’t going to get it inspected but perhaps better had if I go ahead. There are old reviews which are mainly good with just the odd unsatisfactory one.. again highlighting poor after sales.
You should get any box inspected, regardless of the warranty and however good the reputation of the seller. It's just not worth the risk. Depending where you live there are well respected inspectors around

Squeak

Visit site
They did a repair on my box that I needed doing urgently and despite being busy they managed to get it done and did a good job at a reasonable price.

I don’t know much more than that but I know their boxes have a good reputation.

theopuppy

Visit site
Thanks everyone for sound advice and feedback. I got the feeling that the company were reputable and looking at the workshop and lorries they are super quality.. not just pretty but solid and functional. It’s a big step for me budget wise so will definitely get an inspector out and check all the points that have been mentioned in this thread. Thank you.