Pre ride pilates stretches

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I've found this free set of pre ride pilates stretches from the Rider Pilates Club really helpful at loosening me up before I get on. Designed to be doable at the yard or in the trailer without needing to lie down anywhere mucky :).

There are free taster you tube videos which she happily sends out links to, but then I'm presuming that at some point I'll need to pay to continue. Very impressed so far just with this free video for assisting my creaky old body.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
For anyone who found the stretches linked above to be helpful, there's a course of 5 free daily 20 minute sessions starting this Monday. You do need to sign up giving your email address. I've done so, I'll report back later.

I was much straighter and more upright on the saddle from the off in my most recent lesson, after using the first set of stretches

Junebug44

Visit site
Has anyone done day 1 of the 5 day challenge? The pre-ride stretches above are great. Day 1 of the challenge though has left me a bit shocked at how stiff and weak I am though. Urgh. Will try again tomorrow if I'm not too sore.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Yes, me.

Not as good as the pre ride stretches, IMHO. Going straight into the 'pretzel' stretch at the beginning without any warm up was rather ?. It's a self devised stretch, I think, not a Pilates one.

Some of the other exercises were known Pilates exercises that I'm already familiar with, such as the clam. They were ok.

I will be carrying on for the week. Jess is very receptive to feedback, though, and is wondering whether to continue to put the pretzel on first. It is a marmite stretch, apparently. Me no like/can't ruddy well do it.

Junebug44

Visit site
I agree a warm up is a good idea. And I needed a cushion under my head for the lying-on-the-back pretzel or I would have broken in half!! Yes, I note Jess has invited feedback so will keep going and bear that in mind. I really like the pre-riding stretches though. Also cool-down stretches sound a good idea Carrittom - always warm up and cool off our horses, don't we but not so much ourselves! :)

bouncing_ball

Visit site
Has anyone done day 1 of the 5 day challenge? The pre-ride stretches above are great. Day 1 of the challenge though has left me a bit shocked at how stiff and weak I am though. Urgh. Will try again tomorrow if I'm not too sore.
Me. But I’ve not tried the pre ride stretches yet.

Petmurf

Visit site
Yes I did it and found the pretzel hard going as in painful but it did feel good in a painful sort of way ?

Looking forward to tomorrows now

Reacher

Visit site
I missed the 5 day challenge - I did register to be notified if it was run again, other than that ,does she run a course ?

I've found this free set of pre ride pilates stretches from the Rider Pilates Club really helpful at loosening me up before I get on. Designed to be doable at the yard or in the trailer without needing to lie down anywhere mucky :).

There are free taster you tube videos which she happily sends out links to, but then I'm presuming that at some point I'll need to pay to continue. Very impressed so far just with this free video for assisting my creaky old body.