Pregnancy and riding....

UKa

community.webshots.com
til a week before giving birth - then my horse went lame forcing me to stop... hubby wasn't keen but it kept me fit and happy ... it depends on how you feel, I only rode in the arena in the last month and played it very safe, no jumping at all during pregnancy or when it was windy or so and she would be too spooky I wouldn't get on.

molehill

Visit site
I was hunting until i was 7mths pregnant.It was getting very uncomfortable!!The only was i could get on and off was to use the landrover bonnet.Lucky enough i had a weight carrying sensible cob.Wouldnt do it on my hunter now.

Syrah

Visit site
I stopped as soon as I found out.

I had a 4 year old, and although she was incredibly sensible, I wouldn't have been able to live with myself had I lost the baby because of my desire to ride.

It's all about personal choice. There is no right or wrong.

traceyell

Visit site
i rode up to about 8 months with both my kids no jumping or cantering around just steady away i was told that it had helped me have better labours cos i was fairly fit iwas also back in the saddle 4 days after my second child

katia

Visit site
I rode until I was around 7 months, my partner said he thought they might come out with saddlesores on their heads!lol

Kat.x

moscow_mule

doggy paddling through the custard of life
Visit site
I rode until two weeks before.I stopped, not because I thought I should stop.....It was just too darn uncomfy!! I also x-countried my neurotic chestnut mare when 5 months pregnant;and done an intensive course in motorbike riding,culminating with me doing my test(for big bikes!).I didn't tell Two Wheels I was preggars,don't think there insurance would have covered me
shocked.gif

madmav

Visit site
I didn't because I'd had earlier miscarriages and didn't want to risk anything else going wrong. Think if riding keeps you sane and happy, then it's not a bad thing to do. Just be careful out there!

hackneylass2

Visit site
I rode till I was almost 8 months. The only thing that stopped me was an inability to mount and dismount. Drove me nuts not being able to ride.

horseygirl28

Visit site
Be very careful. I was riding everyday until four months pregnant (it did make me very tierd but was nice to get outside) however I had a bad fall in middle of fouth month and had a miscarriage, which was a horrible experience.

the watcher

Visit site
I was still riding into the last month, but stopped jumping and really fast work after a couple of months. I had to stop in the end, getting off involved throwing my self off the side
wink.gif

fairhill

Visit site
I'm 29 weeks, and had my last dressage lesson on Monday. I'm going to keep going on gentle hacks, and gentle schooling for the next couple of weeks, but have made the decision to stop at 7 months regardless.

fanatic

Visit site
I rode up until my due date with my first but had a super horse whom I trusted 150% and of course I was very sensible with what I did, however witht he second one I just couldnt fo it I had a different sharper horse and my body said no, you will know how you feel go with your instinct.