Pregnant dog 58 days pregnant

Chel24x

Visit site
Hi my girl is 58 days pregnant got a positive scan at 4 weeks showing 3 puppy’s but her stomach as just not gone big or her teats and she’s due anytime I am waiting for the scan man to come scan her but just come for general advice as am concerned she as absorbed as anyone had this happen and ended up with a litter I will attach a photo of her before she was mated and a photo of her now

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
No photos added for review but I wouldn’t be surprised if she has reabsorbed one or more of the pups sadly - plenty of experience of that happening - it’s how nature is sometimes, if she has done it before I’d be asking myself whether being a mother is really her thing 🤷‍♀️

Chel24x

Visit site
This is her first litter she as never been mated before I will try and attach and photo

Attachments

• IMG_5530.jpeg
    IMG_5530.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 161

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Looks in whelp to me with not many pups - what breed is she? I would have expected the pups to drop by now (depending on breed) but there are few more qualified people (vets) on here who may be online to comment

FieldOrnaments

Visit site
You can't really diagnose pregnancy from a picture but if she seems comfortable in herself I wouldn't be too worried. Either she's reabsorbed them early on or just it's not a big litter. But either way the vet will be able to tell you for sure. :)

Chel24x

Visit site
How exciting for you.

What pre breeding health screening did you need to do? Hips, elbows, anything else you need to check for with this breed?
She had full health checks pre breeding everything went fine with the breeding 3 pups seen on scan at 4 weeks now just worried that she doesn’t look much pregnant so she as vets tomorow

Chel24x

Visit site
She does look in whelp but maybe not many . Given her breed are you going to try a natural whelping or go straight for a c section ?
Was advised by her vet to see if she can whelp but got emergency c section on stand by just incase. It’s just the not big belly and teats that is worrying me now

skinnydipper

Visit site
As a not recognised breed do they actually have recommended health tests? Or should all breeding stock have hips and elbows? (Honestly don’t know)

Pocket bullies are known to be prone to hip and elbow dysplasia so it would be good practice for sire and dam to have pre-breeding hip and elbow scoring carried out.

skinnydipper

Visit site
Health checks are meaningless.

Could you explain what you mean, please.

I must admit I was surprised when you had had a dog with hip dysplasia and then bought 2 more puppies of the same breed, known to be prone to hip and elbow dysplasia, with no hip or elbow scoring of the parents.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPO

I'm Dun

Visit site
Of course this question was ignored 🙄

More backyard bred bullies.

Terrific.

I hope to god the poor girl has reasborbed the pups. There is NO excuse for breeding this bitch. It makes me feel ill.

OP I'm assuming you paid an absolute fortune to import her, as it looks like her ears have been mutilated and that's not allowed in the UK.