Pregnant ladies....

2horsesnomoney

Visit site
So what do (or did) all of you pregnant ladies wear when riding?? I cant find maternity johds, i am weary of getting a few sizes up as think they will end up really baggy on the leg so what do i do?? Full chaps ??
Any ideas and suggestions welcome also good to catch up with other pregnant horsey people!

thanksx:D

fatpony

Visit site
I just rode in jeans. If you want to compete try one of those maternity bands that go round your middle and cover the bump then leave your jods/breeches unzipped underneath.

gingerfilly

Visit site
I am still getting away with my normal jods with a hair bobble tied round the clip at the top lol! I am 21 weeks. I also bought a couple of cheap jods in a size bigger, it does mean they are baggy round the legs as I have slim legs but they do. I am still competing so I bought bigger sized competition breeches. But also Joggers.... :eek: But they are comfy but I only wear them for hacking or if there is no one else around lol!

2horsesnomoney

Visit site
thanks guys, I am only 12 weeks but cannot bare the thought of putting jods on at the mo, i am just so uncomfortable! hoping this will pass or ill get used to it. I am not compeating just hacking out but equally dont want to be seen in public with joggers/ trackis on! ok great suggestions thanks
Gingerfilly how have you managed horses and pregnancy? have you found it much harder than you thought?

Polos Mum

Visit site
I bought really cheap (so stretchy) 3 sizes up jods and got away with those for a long while. Then mat leggins and half chaps (but I rarely meet anyone out hacking so not so much of a worry looking like a plonker!)
I was competing to start with and wore my normal jods held up with lots of safety pins !! and an untucked white shirt to cover up the bodging!

I think at 12 weeks the foetus is moving up out of your pelvis so it'll be a much bigger bump soon - equally with more space hopefully it'll be more comfy.
Good luck

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
I wore some jodphurs that have always been a size too big, wore them until I last rode at 32 weeks, that was only toddle round the school though. I'll be honest and say once you get very big (if you do) the question of how balanced you are will soon stop you!

gingerfilly

Visit site
Well I break in horses and had lots of ponies booked in this year for backing/breaking, and I am finding pregnancy frustrating. I am still managing to keep 3 horses going at the moment, but when I was 12/14 weeks (over xmas and newyear) I didn't want to ride, I felt really bloated and no energy, and I thought, oh god I'm not going to manage this but once I hit 15/16 weeks I was full of energy and not stopped since. Its not really changed much, just I have to be a bit more careful, and not so hallyracket. So I just ride the quieter ones (one being my stallion who is just the bestest) I have owned them for years now and trust them, but obviously no horse is 100% bombproof but as I am used to riding silly ones my body is quite quick to react. I am still riding nearly everyday and I only have a wee bump and I think that its because I am so active. I am still jumping one of my horses, just wee jumps but I am finding it more difficult to keep him together as I don't have such strong tummy muscles. I'm also still competing, but once the regionals are done I will probably not put so much pressure on myself and will just ride when I feel like it etc. I still have two newly broken youngsters of my own who I have friends riding and I have a couple of horses coming in for breaking and one of the yard girls is going to back them with me shouting at her from the ground lol! I also have 6 foals due, so its pretty hetic around here but I am sure it will be fine. I think the more you are busy and kept going the better but its different for everyone and its also a very personal thing, I know people have expressed their view on me still riding etc but I am used to riding 6 horses a day and most of them youngsters so my body is very used to it. Congratulations and good luck! xx

holeymoley

Visit site
I had a pair of stretchy Jodhs that fitted up til about 27 weeks. Now I just wear leggings ! One or two pairs from primark that are really stretchy. Albeit, not riding much now as centre of balance has gone wonky and I find getting off quite sore on the hips or just awkward in general. Poor pony's face is a picture wondering why I'm taking ages to suss out my dismount!

Mariposa

Visit site
I only rode up to 12 weeks and my jeans still fitted then ( albeit a little snugger than normal!) Right now I'm 37 weeks and I don't think I'll ever fit into any normal clothes, let alone my polo whites....

Abacus

Visit site
When I got too big I wore mostly maternity leggings or jeans with chaps, or old yoga trousers which were straight in the leg and low waisted, with a long top over. Not pretty but it was comfy enough.

Congratulations!

4faults

Visit site
I'm 22 weeks and am uncomfortable in my jods now so I have bought a few pairs of leggings to use just at the yard. I got some thicker than normal ones from m&s and some jeggings from h&m and they are just like wearing cheap jods tbh