foal 2 nail test said filly/ Luna said colt, filly born
foal 3 nail test said colt/ Luna said colt, filly born
foal 4 nail test said filly/ Luna said colt, filly born
foal 5 nail test said filly/ Luna was on the cusp so 50/50, colt born
foal 6 nail test said filly/ Luna said filly, filly born

So i summery it's all down to luck!! ;)

haras

Visit site
Nail Test and Luna test said Filly and Dina gave birth to a beautiful Filly! Very Happy. Now hoping the nail test is right about my friends mare. fingers crossed for a colt!

Geema

Visit site
My friend had a horse whisperer to her mare when she was just pregnant and was told the sex, exact markings and colour of the foal that was born. Really amazing

gingerfilly

Visit site
I actually used a pendulum and the results were:

1st Mare filly = Filly (and I thought it would be a colt!)
2nd Mare Colt = Colt
3rd Mare Colt = Colt
4th Mare Colt = Filly (I always thought it would be a filly, strange)
5th Mare Filly = Filly

:) :)

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Finally we have our foal, nail test said filly, colt appeared. Owner would have preferred filly but it is currently very "dun" looking with a dorsal stripe, stripes on legs which is one of the colours desired (but not expected!) so she's very pleased with the outcome.

Jnhuk

Visit site
For those interested in the nail test, try this indoors:

Get some thread and needle to create your 'pendulum', sit down and hold the thread so the needle dangles over a fixed point and with the arm holding the needle and thread, rest that elbow on the table or surface. Without moving yourself, arm, hand or even twitching any fingers concentrate on the needle and think:

Move back and forth
then circle left
then circle right
etc...

Give it a little time and you will be amazed! There is a reason behind this but won't spoil anyone's fun!
:D

Let me know how you get on!:)

elumpshie

Visit site
Hey just tried the nail test :) I done it and got back and forward so got another two diff friends to try it and they both got it going in circles just wondered does anyone no the lunar Callander my mare 150 days in foal and think covering dates are 12th,14th,15th,16th of August thou will need to double check just wondered wat the lunar test wood say so excited can't wait till its here thou got long wait :/ he he

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Got one due in two weeks. Friend and I both did test and both got 'filly'. We will see. She bagged up 3 weeks ago and now her tail head is dipped and vulva relaxed, long and slightly open. Maybe she's going to be early?

scathach

Visit site
tried it on my mares first mare is not pregnant nail stayed still (she never been near a stallion) second mare i get nail going in circles yet vet as palpated and can't find a baby but she can't find the uterus either. so guess wait and see as unsure covering dates as only had her a few weeks sold as barren mare due to having had season post covering in a very poor state.
so i'll let you know if i get a surprise filly lol

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Both me and the owner of the mare that just foaled did the nail test and got filly. (see a few posts back). We did it without telling the other the result until both had done it. But I had a really strong feeling it was a colt. It was a colt. So I'm afraid the nail test was wrong two times.

lauren1988

Visit site
Nail test said filly throughout pregnancy and a filly is what we got! 326 days born 2.15am on Friday. Mum and baby are doing great :)

Nail test said colt last year and was also correct for our little stillborn so it's been right both times for us.