Prelim 14 and rein recommendations?

AmberThePony

Visit site
I have two things to ask about, the first is prelim 14 which i will be doing at a competition very soon. I've seen that it was updated in 2016 so I was wondering if anyone could tell me if they've actually changed anything in the test? I have the 2006 version which I have learnt so I am really hoping nothing has changed. Also I'm looking to buy some new reins but I'm a bit worried about accidentally buying low quality ones, I was wondering if anyone could recommend some good quality, but affordable (ideally around £20), rubber reins? TIA

Wishful

Visit site
P14 is the same test, only difference is collectives - there were 4 collective marks and there are now 5 - so the update doesn't affect the rider, only the marks.

Theocat

Visit site
If you have a decent tack shop near by, it's definitely worth going and having a feel of different reins - I spent about thirty years thinking reins were much of a muchness, but am now using the biogrip ones and have found a tremendous difference. Those are very pricey, but it's definitely worth having a feel to see what will suit you best for your budget.