Premier Equine/Horseware Excel Rugs

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Can anyone tell me which are deeper - the Premier Equine rugs, or the Rambo Excel, please?
I've got a 7'3" PE Winterbuster on one of my girls, and it looks a bit on the small side in terms of depth of rug (and hood), so wondering whether the Rambos are larger cut.
Thanks in advance.
S
grin.gif

Pidgeon

Visit site
don't know about the PE ones but I've got the Excel on Pidge and it almost meets in the middle underneath him its so deep
grin.gif
and the neck cover actually goes all the way to his ears and has plenty of room round his neck. I struggle with some rugs as there is not enough depth or length to their neck covers, especially just in front of his shoulders where the breastplate goes. He is in a 7' rug and is 17hh.
Sorry for posting a pic of a ginger ISH but this gives you an idea of his size.
July09071a.jpg

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
Thanks Pidgeon.
I do like chestnuts - esp. with white markings - and if, I said IF he wasn't ISH, I'd have to say he's a very nice looking animal.
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Rugwise - my girl is half Shire, about 17hh and a 7ft rug size normally. I find most rugs look like miniskirts on her, and the necks won't meet, never mind fasten.
I may get her an Excel then...
S
grin.gif

katie1630

Visit site
I've dealt with PE before and I think they're great.
I just phone and ask them any question (usually daft!) and they are quite happy to help.
You should give them a call

Pidgeon

Visit site
Aw Shils I thought you might have been weakening for a moment there
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
Thanks he is a nice looking horse though
grin.gif

Ah yes I have had the same problem with rugs for Pidge especially those with fixed necks in that they don't meet around his neck but the excel is very generous. Can you not try one before buying it?

_HP_

Visit site
What is the quality of the PE rugs pls? I've just spied them on sale...and Benji Meldrew needs another rug
smile.gif

Stinkywellies

Visit site
HP - i have a few PE rugs and they are fantastic quality. They have a balistic outer layer so are really tough. I really rate them for warmth and durability, they dry quick when wet too. I wouldn't buy any other!

bananas_22

Visit site
I have the PE StableTrio and BusterTrio for my 17hh girl and I can't fault them at all. I spent ages trying to work out what would be the best rugs for her and the PE ones are very good quality, generously sized and seem to be very warm and waterproof. I'd definitely recommend them
smirk.gif