Premier Equine - Is It Worth Complaining?

Achinghips

Visit site
Ah, see your post now ! You have the same issue as me. I've sent them an email but they have yet to respond ... I will back this up with a public message on fb to which they must respond, reputation and all that .....

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Perhaps a quick e-mail and/or letter to Premier Equine, complete with the link to this thread on the HHO website might remind them of the importance of customer service???

After all, this surely is one of, if not, THE, most popular of the equine forums around???

Can't see that they would want that sort of negative publicity and hopefully it might persuade them to sort the issue out PDQ.

Achinghips

Visit site
They offered me an apology (yay) and sadly a rug of a lesser denier, I've asked for a refund instead. Yet to hear from them. Feel sorry for the person dealing with all these complaints, she must be fed up to the back teeth, poor thing. In fairness, I have found the customer service good, just not the rugs anymore.

Last edited:

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
The no fill LW's are only 600 denier - so will only be shower proof at best.

If you want a totally waterproof rug, then it needs to be a minimum of 1200 denier.

Last edited:

bollybop

Visit site
They can delete Fb posts as well, I had it done to me on the tredstep page when I asked for new laces on my long boots.

As for rugs, I find there generally nothing wrong with cheap rugs

Leo Walker

Visit site

If you want a totally waterproof rug, then it needs to be a minimum of 1200 denier.

Thats probably true, but my 600 denier cheapy Shires rugs have never ever leaked even in torrential rain, so I know which ones I will be buying :)

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
I've recently returned a leaking rug, I was offered a 600d to replace my 1000d. I declined and asked for all my money back and that they also except a return of the liner as I wouldn't have a rug to use it with. They didn't have to accept it back but did so. They do advertise a years manufacturers warranty - quite what this is I never found out. They also said their rugs conform to the BETA guidelines for rug. BETA confirmed not such thing and PE are not BETA members .The rugs are not fit for purpose and if PE are difficult I would contact trading standards.

PE also told me that their rugs would let a small amount of water through the seams where the machine stitches it leaves holes. When the stiching swells it stops the water. I would have thought for that amount of money they would be taped

Last edited:

JustKickOn

Visit site
If you stick it on FB, they will just delete it. That's what they did with me. I sent them a picture of my mare half strangled in a rug of theirs that ripped in half and twisted round her neck as she must have panicked. Horse had never ripped her rug before...

I found a load of bits on .gov.uk about trading standards and faulty goods, read them their rights and got a full refund.
If the description of the rug says "waterproof" not "water resistant" then it has not done as stated.

Their products are rubbish. When wet the rugs weigh a tonne too.

Save your money in theblongterm and get yourself a Rambo supreme. That's what I did and it's saved me a fortune in replacing rugs every other year. The waterproofing is fantastic. My girl is out 24/7 even in the heaviest of storms and she is always dry as a bone under her Rambo.

fornema

Visit site
I'm sorry but if you had the same rain we had there is no way any no fill lightweight rug would stand up to that and would have gone through any lightweight rugs, coincidently went through my rambo, weatherbeeta and masta lightweight rugs the horses had on that day. I wouldn't be complaining, if it was anything with a bit more substance to it i would.

TPO

Visit site
I replied on the previous thread about PE on here.

The rug fell apart the first time it was used (within half hour and I was there all the time; no horse shenanigans!). I contacted them and the "customer service" was shockingly bad. They were dismissive and very rude.

I'd never touch PE again.

I like Weatherbeeta rugs but have had great experiences with Shires that I'm slowly replacing their wardrobes with shires

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site

The buster zeros are actually 1000D

I'm sorry but if you had the same rain we had there is no way any no fill lightweight rug would stand up to that and would have gone through any lightweight rugs, coincidently went through my rambo, weatherbeeta and masta lightweight rugs the horses had on that day. I wouldn't be complaining, if it was anything with a bit more substance to it i would.

No rain has every got through my rhino and it has been in some impressive rain over the last 5 years as is used quite a lot as a welshie cob doesn't need filling anything much over 5C :p

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
CM's LW Rhino was properly waterproof until it died a sad death due to old age. It kept her dry during some absolutely torrential rain. I miss it, it was the green tartan one.

Crackerz

Visit site

So why did the 6 other no fill light weight rugs on the yard not leak then?
My £25 old Upland LW was bone dry underneath, even the god-awful Amigo that my Welsh had on was bone dry! It was only this PE rug - the newest of them all, that was soaked to the skin.

They replied to my tweet asking to email them, so i did. They replied asking for pics of the inside & outside of rug. I didnt get round to doing it straight away and had a voicemail concerned i had not received their reply. I have now replied with the pics.

I don't normally complain to companies about things, and if the rug was £40 i wouldn't have.

Trakehner92

Visit site
My £25 old Upland LW was bone dry underneath, even the god-awful Amigo that my Welsh had on was bone dry! It was only this PE rug - the newest of them all, that was soaked to the skin.

They replied to my tweet asking to email them, so i did. They replied asking for pics of the inside & outside of rug. I didnt get round to doing it straight away and had a voicemail concerned i had not received their reply. I have now replied with the pics.

I don't normally complain to companies about things, and if the rug was £40 i wouldn't have.

I would totally complain. No rug should leak that badly regardless of the price! It's ridiculous.

I must admit I have one premier equine rug and touch wood it has never leaked but after reading this post I don't think I'd buy another one. I'd stick to my Rambo one's instead!

Pocketr@cket

Visit site

Will be interested in their reply, if it's the same twaddle they tried to fob me off with.

Crackerz

Visit site
Thumbs up to PE!

Offered to send me a new rug of my choice from the 0-40g LW range, which i have agreed to.

Very prompt with dealing with my issues :)

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
Thumbs up to PE!

Offered to send me a new rug of my choice from the 0-40g LW range, which i have agreed to.

Very prompt with dealing with my issues :)

Id rather have my money back than a 600d rug when the 1000d's leak. They should by rights be giving you a refund

Crackerz

Visit site
Id rather have my money back than a 600d rug when the 1000d's leak. They should by rights be giving you a refund

I agree, but i wasn't even going to complain, so this is a fair outcome for me. However, is the next one leaks i'll set my mum on them!! I really like how it fits the wide ponies

I have ordered the Akoni Stratus in 0g as this is a rug my friends horse has and currently doesn't leak.... We shall see :)

Pocketr@cket

Visit site
[
I agree, but i wasn't even going to complain, so this is a fair outcome for me. However, is the next one leaks i'll set my mum on them!! I really like how it fits the wide ponies

I have ordered the Akoni Stratus in 0g as this is a rug my friends horse has and currently doesn't leak.... We shall see :)

Haha set your mum on them. They are a nice fit on wide horses just wish they were a dependable rug.