Premier Equine over reach boots - sizing and thoughts?!

Llee94

Visit site
I am interested in getting a set of the Premier Equine Kevlar no-turn Over reach boots for my mare for eventing.
I get through countless pairs of rubber ones and she still manages to catch herself through them so I am thinking I need something a little more heavy duty for her. Plus the rubber ones seem to have started to rub her.
She wears a size XL in the bog standard rubber ones and I was wondering if the Premier Equine ones run in the same sizes or if she would need to go up or down a size?
Also does anyone have any experience with them? Do they hold water? Do they rub? Are there any other over reach boots that you prefer?
I don't need anything flashy looking, they just need to be very tough as she is a big girl with HUGE feet! I will happily spend up to £50 on a pair, so I hope I can get something good for that and that will last at least a season.
All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rosesandhorses

Visit site
I use the Mark Todd neoprene ones for my event horse. My horse is an irish sports horse on the chunkier side and is prone to over reaching and I have found these good and cheap enough to replace. I have just replaced mine which lasted a year of being ridden in, turned out in and competed in most weekends. They don't really hold water and I've had no rubbing issues.

Baileybones

Visit site
They run up small imo as my TB mare is in a large and ordinarily a medium / cob would suffice.
Nice boots and although they'll absorb water I've never found them heavy and they've not rubbed.
She has scuffed / damaged the bottoms of them but I'd rather that then shoes / heels and whilst no longer pretty they still do the job and don't yet need replacing 5 months in.
Hope that helps.

Llee94

Visit site
Thanks all. The Mark Todd ones seem like a good alternative and are half the price so I think I will try those ones first and see how they hold up.
If they don't work out I will get the PE ones and risk ordering an XXL and hope that they fit!

CIJ

Visit site
I found the PE overreach boots don't fit the hooves if they are short and fat like my mare's feet. She is normally a large in the rubber ones but I couldn't get the velcro to meet so tried the XL and although the velcro meets the boots still turned round on her.