Premier Equine rugs

KM-R

Visit site
Love our PE rugs but always buy the buster ballistic nylon ones... Never leaked.

Also like ruggles for the pony. No experience of their horse sizes...

Fiona

I find the Ruggles come up marginally small for the horse sizes - especially the waffle cooler. Bought some 6'6s for my boy last year: he's filled out now, and while the WB still fits fine, the Ruggles are a bit tight!

Casey76

Visit site
I had a Stormbuster many years ago and it was a good rug-way too warm for my horse though so I sold it. I bought a 200g one last year because it was orange ;). Pretty rug, waterproof, came up a bit big length ways and again very warm (its my heavyweight rug) but have to say for that sort of money I expect better details such as the option of leg straps. I live on a very windy Scottish hill, when we have a storm I like to be able to put leg straps on for my own peace of mind even though I dont use them routinely.

Hmm, my rugs came with a filet string (conveniently covered in plastic to easy to wash), and leg straps. I prefer to use leg straps as both of mine love a good roll.

Crackerz

Visit site
Hmm, my rugs came with a filet string (conveniently covered in plastic to easy to wash), and leg straps. I prefer to use leg straps as both of mine love a good roll.

None of my PE rugs have leg straps which annoys me too - i prefer leg straps as high jinx playing or wind have meant the rugs have been found up and over their backs or hanging off the side a number of times in the past.

PerfectCoffee

Visit site
Have given up with PE as have had a couple that leaked plus they are getting so expensive now. I buy Maxima Equestrian turnout rugs now as they are much cheaper, lighter when wet, don't leak or rip and come with detachable legstraps.

LeannePip

Visit site
I've not ever had a PE rug in part due to all the bad reviews they get on here now a days, so probably wouldnt risk buying them now.

For heavy weights i have a great Rambo, which is super warm and water proof - i got it second hand without a neck cover but incidentally do use the PE neck covers on it and havent had any issues! I also have a Masta which has been very good - i rotate these two over winter as my horse is an avid roller in the field and as shes so minging in the stable we leave her turn outs on overnight, so i get them cleaned through the winter too.

I've also found JHL & Mark Todd (same rug different names) very good too

Northern Hare

Visit site
Hi, I personally think PE rugs are great - I've got quite a few different weights / designs - they fit my horse really well and none have leaked.

However, the thing to remember about the Trio set of rug/neck covers/liners, for £309 you do only end up with one outer rug - and that's with a 100g fill, 1680 denier fabric. So you will probably still need a lighter weight turnout for spring autumn.

I think you might be better getting a couple of turnout rugs instead - one of which could be one of the Combo turnouts which are really warm - at say 200g or 300g or even 450g - plus a "Buster Zero" rug which you can put liners under. That way you end up with two good outer rugs that you can use - in case one gets torn by another horse or caught on the gate/fence!

You may still need to get a cheapie (non PE) turnout rug as well - for changeable days in the spring/summer because even with zero fill a 1680 denier rug would possibly still be too warm.

DJ

Visit site
PE used to be good rugs. I`m going back 6/7 years. They are local to me. They were good quality, waterproof rugs, and very reasonably priced. They lasted brilliantly, year after year even with my rug trasher.

Then it all went to **poop** ... The more recent stuff is crap quality, heavy, leaky, ridiculously expensive, and their customer service is shocking.

I buy Shires and Horseware now. Good quality and a darn site more affordable.