Premier Equine Stable wraps - anyone used them for travelling

Tangaroo

Visit site
I just wondered if anyone uses these and how they rate them. My youngster really doesnt like hind travel boots. I travel him in back brushing boots at the moment but when i start travelling further i want something with more protection. I could bandage but being a typical youngster he is rather lively when arriving somewhere new and i want something easy to remove so i dont risk getting flattened whilst taking bandages off.

be positive

Visit site
I don't think I have used them for travelling but had a set for one horse to help reduce mud fever and keep his legs warm, they were really good, fitted snuggly and I think they would be fine to travel in they come well down over the coronary band so offer decent protection. The Velcro was very good so they should stay on well.

vic07

Visit site
I use them for travelling one of mine. They obviously don't protect as well as travel boots but they do a similar job to bandages.

Tangaroo

Visit site
Thankyou. I dont mind that they dont cover the hocks as my lorry is fully lined with rubber stock board and my boy doesnt sit on his back end so its more to protect his fetlocks and coronary bands from treading on himself or hitting the partition.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
I don't like to travel in any sort of boot personally, however I have taken to putting my PE magnetic stable wraps on for travelling, so he has had them on before competing. If done up properly they are fine.

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
I use them for travelling infront as mine get travel boots off and panics! I don't use them behind as my horse boots the lorry and they don't cover the hocks. I also use them at stay aways to keep him clean :) I won mine but would have been worth every penny if I had bought them!

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
I only use mine for travelling. I have the plain ones not the magnetic. I put them on after bathing on the way to a show as they help to dry the legs. I put front and back on too - I know they don't come over the hocks, but they not only keep the legs clean, but they also protect the rest of the legs, just as they would if I bandaged them - I don't like normal travel boots, see too many injuries from horses going nuts having had one slip.

I will be buying another set when I start traveling my two horses together, although that won't be for a while so no rush.

ihatework

Visit site
I have cheap Horze ones for travelling only. I combine them with OR boots.
Much prefer to the big travel boots which often seem to cause more problems than they solve

LeannePip

Visit site
I have the magnetic ones and use them for travelling occasionally, especially after fast/hard work. mine travels fine in anything so it depends what we are doing/where we are going as to what she wears

rara007

Visit site
I wouldn't chose to use boots on a good traveller but as mine is a bit too arab sometimes I use these :) Stay put perfectly, don't arrive hot under them even after 10/11 hours, easier to get off than bandages but if they really don't stand as they have three straps (only single velcro) you need a nimble groom!

Tangaroo

Visit site
Thanks for all the comments. I have ordered some so will see how we get on. He is a good traveller but i would be happier for longer distances if he was wearing something on his hinds to stop him treading on himself