Preparing for Autumn

Jill Crewe

Visit site
Oopsy just wasted an evening on online tack shops. I don't normally spend money unless I have to but I'm worried that I might use the rain as an excuse not to ride so I have purchased a lovely fluorescent (sp?) Mark Todd exercise sheet (luckily there were plenty of old threads on here to help me work out what size I needed!) and a waterproof ride on saddle cover. So now I can ride in the rain - I think this is a good thing?!

So what else can we all be doing to prepare for the shorter days and keep ourselves motivated - whether it's products we can't do without, new routines or things to do when it's too miserable/dark to ride?

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
As a family we are v. Organised tbh.....clippers were serviced and blades all sharpened after the last clip, pappy sparkle replaced all the dead light bulbs in the spring and ordered in a load of grit and rock salt.
Another 2 years worth of shavings has been delivered, pipes are lagged and rugs are all cleaned and repaired.
Winter paddocks were separated and fenced in spring so just need the tape re tensioning.
Only job remaining is to re oil the wooden doors once the swallows have left ( and stopped pooping on them!)

So, we are ready for winter!!!

Asha

Visit site
I am no where near ready. We are waiting for the planning permission for our stables to come through.
Have all the rugs washed and ready, and haylage made. So at least they will be rugged and fed, but might have to cope outside this year, ahh well it will save on shavings i suppose

cob&onion

Visit site
I am no where near ready. We are waiting for the planning permission for our stables to come through.
Have all the rugs washed and ready, and haylage made. So at least they will be rugged and fed, but might have to cope outside this year, ahh well it will save on shavings i suppose

Same here waiting on permissions........

Alphamare

Visit site
Rugs cleaned and waiting to be spray painted (against theft)
Hay ordered, bedding to be ordered, feed to be ordered
Waterproof saddle covers and ride on rugs ready to go.
Waterproofs for people check!
New hats
Thermals mostly sorted still need beanies.
Clipper blades to be sent off next week.
Tack room reorganised and spring cleaned. Closets at home being done in a couple weeks