Prescription riding/competing glasses

MagicMelon

Visit site
Ive always used my regular prescription glasses for riding but I feel theyre not terribly safe especially for eventing in. What do people wear? I prefer as non obvious as possible (dislike chunky frames etc). Also any recommendations of good websites to buy them please. Thank you!

Steerpike

Visit site
I have a set of eye pods, they are sports type glasses with your own prescription and come with several types of lenses. I mainly wear them in the summer and use my normal glasses the rest of the time.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I haven't ridden for ages, but my vision without glasses is so bad that I don't even like to go swimming in the Summer without them on, but that made me worried about them falling off in the water, so I bought a Sport band for glasses that I put on to keep them in place.

Mine looks like a Hilco Sport band
ImageHandler-20.png

I've also seen some good reviews for sport bands/holder straps looking like the ones in this Coriver 8 pack, someone said they've helped stopping them from having to readjust their glasses now during the Coronavirus
41Spkv9S8oL._AC_SY1000_.jpg

ETA I'm not doing anything adventurous when swimming, but I usually swim with my bitches, a bit of bad luck + a paw accidentally waving around in the wrong place, and I could easily imagine my glasses disappearing down into the lake water.

Last edited:

laurswlk

New User
Visit site
I bought Oakley Oo9188 on amazon and i am very satisfied with it. Excellent optical quality without image distortion. The glasses hug my head even when I sweat.

Esmae

Visit site
I bought some sunglasses for cyclists from Specsavers. They have prescription inserts to them which can be changed relatively cheaply when your prescription changes. They have a band at the back to hold them securely. They were expensive but I am very pleased with them.