Present for a new puppy 😂

ArklePig

Visit site
One of my best friends is bringing this lil guy home on Saturday. It's their first dog. We're one of those groups that tend to celebrate everything and I'm looking for a little present for him/her. I've never had a puppy so looking for ideas from the practical to the adorable. He is enrolled in puppy classes that are mandatory from the rehoming Centre and she's read loads of puppy books so that bit is covered!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240208_180654_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240208_180654_Chrome.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 27

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Bear in mind my Jack Russell’s would destroy that in 2 minutes flat…. not sure what breeding the pup is but I had to warn you 🙄

The best Secret Santa present I ever got at work was a dog toy - I asked for a ‘JRT proof dog toy’ - still no idea who got it for me but it has been BRILLIANT 😃

It’s a blue solid rubber shark - about 8 inches long - ‘Blue Shark Toy’ is Colin’s favourite and is still with us a few years later 😀

Oh and it doesn’t squeak, always a positive 🤣🤣

ArklePig

Visit site
They think he's a lab x collie but can't be sure! He's the last of a litter handed into the centre and he's only 9 weeks old.

Blue shark looks great too, I think Fodhla would like one too!

albeg

Visit site
Lottie loves her one of these.

Similar size to a tennis ball, but so far withstanding terrier destruction.

I also like Fluff and Tuff toys, but we got an octopus for L and he's now a ball, so I'd suggest some of the smoother ones to prevent limb removal 🙈

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Fillable Kong for puppies, I think it’s red? Any chew toys that can’t be destroyed but are for puppies. My lot loved stuffed toys, Goose has paddled himself to sleep with a scrap of one just now on my knee. There are spiky rubber rings that squeak in Tesco, they are very popular in this house.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
If the pup is a Lab x bear in mind that they can be incredibly destructive. Don't get anything with stuffing in, in case the pup swallows it - your friend won't thank you for a huge vet bill within the first few weeks. Also some dogs are frightened of squeaky toys - one of our Rotts got very upset if she thought her toy was hurting. Kong toys are amongst the toughest there are.