Press at a Newcomers Hunt yesterday.

Shay

Visit site
We were with the Surrey Union for thier newcomers hunt yesterday. My daughter and 2 friends from our yard rode. SU were great and the day couldn't have been more perfect. Anyway - back to the point.

Sky News had cameras there and one of the lads we rode with gave an interview which should be screened tonight. My daughter gave an interview to the Independant newspaper which should be printed in Monday. One of the riders even had a helmet cam on - I think that belonged to the Sky people but I'm not sure.

All the jounalists seemed really nice - no one asked any anti type questions. It seemed to have some connection with the CA and trying to get children into hunting. It worked. my daughter is totally hooked!

natalia

Visit site
Lovely day wasn't it! Sadly I was on an ex racer who thought she was still racing, and with the field so big and full of so many children i decided to stop before she killed someone, however ended up having a photo shoot for the Independant instead! lol. So look out for a girl on wired dark bay! The press were actually great yesterday, asked loads of sensible questions and very friendly. Not at all anti. I hunt with the SU a lot, and on friday the horse and hound are out with them. Would be nice to see some support!

Shay

Visit site
I am really irritiated at the independant article - although there should be another article out tomorrow. Today's one was really biaised.

Ho hum...

queenb

Visit site
I can not believe the article on the Indpendent on Sun. I was at the hunt on Sat as a spectator ( im not that brave and I think it would tip my eventer over the edge !!) it was a fantastic day and so lovely to see the SU hunt putting on fantastic day for so many new hunters. In our group alone we had a state school teacher, groom, shop worker and a state school pupil with an ex trotter, a cob, an ISH and 1 TB!!! It really annoys me the press were mingeling with everyone chatting, taking photos and now they write this c*ap ! What are they trying to prove ? Did anyone see todays Independent ? was there a follow up story ?

Drummer

Visit site
Thoroughbred horses and Thoroughbred people!!! Very funny, I wish I had the legs and figure of a Tb and Drummer my Maxi cob certainly!! The mass of the group were ponies, cob types and then Tb's! I am another in shock over the article, but screw them and any idiots that believe their tush! I cannot believe someones race was made an issue of, who does that say more about!!

Anyhow, I had a great time on Saturday - even on my own which I was a bit worried about as always went out with my friend but I spoke to lots of nice people, so thank you!

Mike007

Visit site
I had a great time too, renewing old friendships and meeting lots of new people. An amazing number of young(and very competent)riders having a whale of a time ,first time out.My poor old eyesight must be failing as I couldnt see all these thoroughbreds . Incidentally "Domino" must be the in name for small coloured thoroughbreds.There were THREE standing next to my horse at one point :eek:oo:.These thoroughbreds all look small from my beastie. :D :D :D Nigel Moreland did a fantastic job making everyone feel at home.It was a beautiful day ,beautiful setting, but it was the people ,on foot and mounted ,that made the day.