pressure washing rugs

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
does anyone do this? was thinking of doing this then applying my own reproofing? our rug cleaning services round here vary between 23.50 angd 29.00 per rug! my rugs are all horseware rugs and in good nick. they are not awfully disgusting but if it got the worst off i'd be happy. any tips? wasnt planning on using detergent.

thatsmygirl

Visit site
We do it, works brill. Takes all the hair,crap off the inside and blasts the mud off the outside. We hang them over a gate and let them dry there. Suggest it depends how good a pressure washer you have. Ours is a huge type on 4 wheels and saves a lot on rug washing.

pec

Visit site
We do ours in a cement mixer, a bucket of hot water, cheapo detergent then lots and lots of buckets of cold. It brings them up like new. If I was to just use the cement mixer for washing rugs I would angle grind off the backs of the paddles so the straps don't got caught otherwise it works a treat. An electric cement mixer <£150

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
We do ours in a cement mixer, a bucket of hot water, cheapo detergent then lots and lots of buckets of cold. It brings them up like new. If I was to just use the cement mixer for washing rugs I would angle grind off the backs of the paddles so the straps don't got caught otherwise it works a treat. An electric cement mixer <£150

i can imagine that works very well and tbh if i had a big spare bath tub or cement mixer i'd go for that but sadly i dont!! have a decent pressure washer tho!

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
please do not use any cheapo detergent on your rugs. it will make them not waterproof, and unable to hold any reproofing. pressure wash off will clean them off. your rug cleaning sounds expensive. i can have a rug washed and reroofed for £12 using nic wax products, £15 if it has a neck attached. where in the country are you?

clairefeekerry1

Visit site
Thank you. Wasn't going to use any detergent at all. But was looking at the nik wax stuff and their proof too although this would be as expensive as sending them off! I'm near oxfordshire. Can take them to a local tack shop which does it a bit cheaper but you have to wait about 8 weeks to get it back. I have about 20 rugs of varying types. Most with necks. I do like the way they come back from washing looking like new but simply cant afford it. I already have a very decent pressure washer hence my thinking!

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
i am near stratford on avon. you could drive your rugs for a clean and reproof. if you pm me i will give you the rug persons number . you wouldnt be disappointed. repairs also available.

Nikiska

Visit site
I say blast the dirty buggers! - Some people say they have to be professionally cleaned and reproofed etc etc, but I've been jet washing the same rugs for years now and they are still as waterproof as they were the day I bought them!:D