Prestige D1 dressage saddle

Freddy!

Visit site
I have one and I absolutely love it! My horse has gone from strength to strength since using the D1. We get a real 'swing' of movement and expression as his shoulders and back are free to move fully and naturally. We've gone from Prelim to Medium and our marks just keep improving!

What sort of horse is this for?

HanoverianMare

Visit site
Thanks for your reply Freddy!.

I've just taken on an ex racehorse on loan as my own horse is lame. I've had Prestige saddles before and I loved them (beuatiful quality) and I think the D1 might just suit the new horse really well.

He's a very flashy moving thoroughbred and I want him to be able to show off his great paces out at some dressage comps! I'm so excited as I didn't think I'd be able to have another horse but everything has just fallen into place. Just need to find the right saddle for him so he can reach his full potential and feel comfy at the same time!

He's a fairly high withered and big shouldered thoroughbred so I just want to make sure his movement isn't restricted.

CSP

Visit site
HM I have one and its the nicest saddle I have ever ridden in! It puts me in such a secure and balanced position so my aids are effective and precise. I'd tried sooooo many saddles before this one and now I wouldn't swap it for the world! I think that's why you don't see many second hand ones for sale as once people have tried them, they don't go back to any other dressage saddle! My horse used to swish his tail a lot, evade, wasn't very responsive off the leg and really struggled with lateral work. Since using the D1, he has a great attitude to schooling and is able to do what I'm asking him to do. He's become supple and flexible.

Have you seen one in person? They are slightly cut away at the front which means the horse's shoulders can move freely so your TB won't feel restricted.

HanoverianMare

Visit site
HM I have one and its the nicest saddle I have ever ridden in! It puts me in such a secure and balanced position so my aids are effective and precise. I'd tried sooooo many saddles before this one and now I wouldn't swap it for the world! I think that's why you don't see many second hand ones for sale as once people have tried them, they don't go back to any other dressage saddle! My horse used to swish his tail a lot, evade, wasn't very responsive off the leg and really struggled with lateral work. Since using the D1, he has a great attitude to schooling and is able to do what I'm asking him to do. He's become supple and flexible.

Have you seen one in person? They are slightly cut away at the front which means the horse's shoulders can move freely so your TB won't feel restricted.

Thank you CSP. I haven't seen one in person yet but I have watched a youtube video about them which was good and I've done quite a lot of research. Everyone I've spoken to so far has raved about them.

I bought my horse (who can't be ridden now) Prestige saddles and they were really lovely. The design and feactures of the D1 looks perfect for this new horse though.

It's really good to hear from those who ride in them frequently as investing in a saddle is an important decision!

Jo1980

Visit site
I ride in a D1 too and agree with CSP, I wouldn't swap it for anything! It's a brilliantly designed saddle and so well made. Mine is a good few of years old now but still looks great and is so comfortable.

I bought mine for a young horse who I wanted to give a good start to but I needed a saddle that could be altered (it's been widened and had the flocking altered a few times as she's grown and filled out). She works so well in it.

neighneigh

Visit site
My event horse (warmblood) is trained and competed in a d1. Absolutely brilliant saddles. She was so grumpy to school before the d1. She's so much happier now and easy to train. Being able to work properly on the flat in this saddle has substantially improved her topline, suppleness and flexibility. Her jump also seems to have improved since she's been using herself fully when schooling.

I really would recommend HanoverianMare!

Prince33Sp4rkle

Visit site
sit in a few models before you decide-the D1 does not support me at all. I competed to inter 1, schooled to GP on previous horse but in the D1 i flopped around like a dying fish!

I went for the Helen K (which is the mono flap Helen) and absolutely adore it. so comfy and feel so secure in it.

So different types obviously suit different people.

MrsP*

Visit site
I’ve had my Prestige D1 for two years now and YES, I highly rate it!!

I did a HUGE amount of research in to which dressage saddle to buy.
I looked and tried loads: Bates, Equipe, Albion, Fairfax, Amerigo, Ideal, Barrie Swain, WOW, Black Country Saddles, Devoucoux. The D1 was the best out of all of them for freedom of movement for my horse and comfort and security for me.

The difference in his medium trot, leg yielding, shoulder in, half pass, travers, passage and flying changes has been unbelievable, he has come on such a lot.

Definitely try one!