Pretty schooling whip

Tonto_

Visit site
My parents are asking me what I want for Christmas and he only thing I can think of is a nice schooling whip so has anyone got any recommendations for a nice schooling whip?

(I quite like the ones with diamanté)

Nicnac

Visit site
Daughter bought me a Fleck for birthday. Not something I'd buy myself but always lusted after one. It's incredible how balanced it is so you don't even know you're carrying it. They come with and without bling

Boulty

Visit site
I have one of the cheaper fleck whips (think I got it at Olympia or somewhere a few years ago) & it is the best balanced whip I've ever owned. As I say mine isn't a posh one but I think they do nice pretty ones as well.

Otherwise

Visit site
Whips are such a personal choice, I'm really fussy about the feel so would only buy something I could get my hands on first. It's not just the length there's the flexibility and balance point to consider, what type of grip you like, whether you want a lash or flapper on the end. I can give you a whole list of whips I don't like but typically have no idea of the make of my current favourite.
I have a plain Fleck cabon-composite. It is so lightweight and doesn't 'pull' on my wrists and thumb.
See I personally hate this one, I find it completely rigid so difficult to use and my one is really short as well just to compound that problem. It is very light I'll give it that, I just prefer the more whippy types.

Gazen

Visit site
Otherwise, mine is a dressage whip so it really doesn't need to be flexible, and it is a normal length which I think is 120cm. I have a wrist injury so 'normal' dressage whips just 'pull' too much and I end up just dropping them because they just hurt too much.

Otherwise

Visit site
Otherwise, mine is a dressage whip so it really doesn't need to be flexible, and it is a normal length which I think is 120cm. I have a wrist injury so 'normal' dressage whips just 'pull' too much and I end up just dropping them because they just hurt too much.

The one I have is a dressage one, I don't know how long it is but it's a lot shorter than my everyday one which I guess is 120cm so maybe the one I have is 100cm? I'd consider 120 quite long, it seems the longest you can find before you get into the expensive piaffe whips. With a flexible whip you just need a slight wrist action to touch the horse, a rigid one you have to move your hand a lot more to do the same.