Preventing dogs repeat marking/pooing in house?

mandwhy

Visit site
Hi everyone, we have had our dog for 2 or 3 months now and we didn't really have initial settling in problems, there was one wee in the kitchen on the first night and that was it, and since then he has been on rampages kitchen counter surfing but nothing I didn't learn to be tidier from or not really mind because it was just a plastic bottle or something (he loves them!). He is a 3 or 4 yr old collie from a rescue and very good, affectionate, people pleasing etc.

They told us he had a very sensitive stomach so we should feed him quite a resricted raw diet, this wasn't a problem at all and we didn't see any stomach upsets until the other day. I think he has IBS so it is stress related, and the other day I unexpectedly got held up handing in my dissertation so was out for about 8 hours instead of the usual 4ish or maximum 6, and I hadn't given him an especially long walk as I hadn't expected it, so when we got home he had had diarrhoea and some wee, but we just cleared it up and put it down to the situation being stressful bless him.

Anyway, his stomach is fine now, we feed him tripe for a few days if there seems to be an upset and that sorts it out, but now he keeps pooing and weeing in the house. I bought an enzymatic pour on type cleaner and used that straight away, then my parents brought their TWO carpet shampooers round yesterday to clean the carpets, all seemed well, but then he did a poo and a wee last night (first time since the first night he has done it over night), I took him for several walks today and praised him lots when he did a wee outside, I stood out with him waiting for him to poo after dinner, and I took him for a walk before I went to the shop just now. I was gone about 40 minutes and he had left a poo and a wee again :-(

I guess he is getting stressed, but I'm not sure what to do, he doesn't seem anymore stressed than before, I think he has just gotten into a pattern.

He does get quite a bit of exercise but is really not a hyper collie, he is quite a normal chilled out dog in general.

So any advice on the repeated toileting?