Price advice for horsebox?

Pippity

Visit site
I'm looking to sell my van conversion because my sodding horse won't load, but I've got no idea what to ask. I've looked for similar for sale but everything has been much older and/or coach-built so not much of a guideline.

It's a 66 plate, 105k mileage, converted last year to my order by Equi-sport. Any suggestions on what to ask?

chaps89

Visit site
Ha. I had a similar problem last week. Another poster kindly advised me to add a couple more grand onto the price, I added a grand on and then it sold for what I think is outrageous money. Don’t get me wrong, I love my box and it’s super reliable but it’s not at all smart!
There is also not many for sale at all at the moment, I think I found 4 in total for comparison.

Based on yours being quite new as a vehicle and newly converted, presuming it has a reasonable payload and mot/mechanical history I’d say somewhere around £12-14k fairly easily. There was a similar sounding one up for sale for £18k mind you!

Pippity

Visit site
Mine does have the benefit of being quite smart-looking. Payload isn't amazing (between 1.1 and 1.2t from memory, but I'd have to check the paperwork) but that's because I went for the thickest walls/floors/etc. for safety.

I think I'll put it up for stupid money and see if I get interest. If not, I can knock the price down.

AFB

Visit site
I saw a 2012 that was converted 2019 and used as a transport business with 192k on the clock sell v. quickly after being advertised at £15,500 a few weeks ago. Pretty sure she wanted to keep it for a while until her new one was built too so buyer must have been keen!

I bought a 57 plate converted about 4 years ago with 139k on the clock recently for just under £9k.

Both Equi-sport conversions.