Price check - HB401 trailer

alainax

Visit site
Hi! Thank you in advance for helping me out if you can.

( Ifor Williams HB401 single horse trailer)

What would you say would be the value of one of these in good condition? I am struggling to find any for sale to compare. Obviously the selling point of the b-license towing. I do see some HB403s for sale around £3500, how much less than the value of one of these would it be worth?

Deliberately vague as to whether I am selling or buying due to advert rules :)

exracehorse

Visit site
I've got a 2005 401 and it's immaculate. Took ages to find as rare as hens teeth. mines barn stored and rubber inside is immaculate. Bought mine 3 yrs ago for 2,500k. Unfortunately I've never used it as my horse broke not long after purchase 😒 Hope that gives you some idea. We did go to view one for 2k but it was tatty and the rear bars were difficult to get in. And rubber coming away around side panels. We said we'd think about it. But funny enough it sold within 24 hrs so they do sell and do hang onto their money.

alainax

Visit site
I've got a 2005 401 and it's immaculate. Took ages to find as rare as hens teeth. mines barn stored and rubber inside is immaculate. Bought mine 3 yrs ago for 2,500k. Unfortunately I've never used it as my horse broke not long after purchase �� Hope that gives you some idea. We did go to view one for 2k but it was tatty and the rear bars were difficult to get in. And rubber coming away around side panels. We said we'd think about it. But funny enough it sold within 24 hrs so they do sell and do hang onto their money.

That is great thank you. This one is in really good condition, so that gives me a good idea :) A lot more than I thought!

Fiona

Visit site
18 years ago I paid 2 grand for mine, it was a couple of years old with plastic still on front ramp. Loved that wee trailer :(

Fiona

exracehorse

Visit site
I think it depends where the trailers are as well. Cheaper in Wales or Scotland! I'm Suffolk and travelled two hrs away to buy mine. Mine is a late 401 with special editions. And flashy hub caps.