Price for off road riding permit?

Kat1e

Visit site
Do you offer/pay for an off road riding permit? How much is it (per month or year?) and what does it entitle you to do (how many miles of tracks/how much area of land)? Also where in the country is that?

If you don't have anything like this near you, how much would you pay for off road riding and what would you expect to get for your money?

Thanks for any input.

HollyB66

Visit site
EAFR = EAST ANGLIAN FARM RIDES http://www.farmrides.com/

the routes look great.

We have TROT here in Kent, I know there are lots of different routes, but they don't divulge the routes/maps until you are a member. But until I buy a horse it is a bit expensive to sign up.

Holly B

monkeybum13

Visit site
Dyrham Park (National Trust) is £160 (or someone around) for one year per horse/rider. If my mum was to ride my boy we would have to have 2 permits. Same if I wanted to ride 2 different horses I would need 2 permits. Its a bit pricey IMO

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
We don't have anything like this, I wish we did, there are a few privately owned woods nearby.

I would pay up to £150 per year to use the woodlands.

Something like a day permit would be a good idea for friends who come up once in a blue moon. As monkeybum13 said, gets expensive other wise.

I'm in north Cumbria.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
We pay £70 a year which entitles us to ride in 5 forest parks within about a 20 mile radius, but I am very close to the best of them so tend to ride there only. I use it several times a week and reckon it works out at pence each time I go, and it is a beautiful place to ride (forest, mountains, river, ford, pine martens and red squirrels
grin.gif
)
smile.gif
added to which it is safe, off road riding with well-maintained tracks.

We hardly have any bridleways in NI
frown.gif

Kat1e

Visit site
Thank you all.
Wheelbarrow- there aren't many good bridlepaths near here, unfortunately.
Rowreach, that sounds fantastic.

SpruceRI

Visit site
I pay £92 a year to ride on the Ashdown Forest. I bought 2 permits this year so friends can ride with me on my 2 - won't be able to afford that next year!!

It takes about 20 mins to box over there.

Also pay £47 a year to ride in some local woodland. It's not very big an area at all. But very well maintained. No footpaths in it so never get chased by dogs, and can have a good gallop! It's also in hacking distance from my farm which is a bonus, as the hacking is rubbish round there.