Price for schooling?

KINDMARE

Visit site
please can you give me a rough estimate of the cost of a dressage rider coming to school a green horse? I have an idea in my mind but dont want to offend.

thanks

be positive

Visit site
It will be much the same as they charge for a lesson, anything from £25 upwards unless they are doing you a favour, just ask how much they expect rather than make an offer, if they are professional they will have a set fee.

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
As above. When I was offering schooling and lessons to liveries, the price was the same, but a bit more if they also expected me to get the horse in and ready/wash off afterwards etc. I used to pay my trainer the same as for a lesson too.

Justturnedfifty

Visit site
please can you give me a rough estimate of the cost of a dressage rider coming to school a green horse? I have an idea in my mind but dont want to offend.

thanks

Depends upon the standard of your dressage rider. I pay £45 per session, either teaching my daughter or trainer riding the pony, and this is a discounted rate as I negotiated a rate to take into account I would have her twice weekly. My current trainer is a List 4 judge competing up to PSG. Have paid £40 for another trainer in the past who competed to GP, and that was a discounted rate too based on her riding one day and teaching another.