Price of Cushings Medication

KarynK

Visit site
I need some help in comparing medication costs for dogs with Cushings for a relative. I have no experience with this so need to know roughly what people are paying so some haggling can go on!!

I think currently the meds on the dog in question are £70 odd per month with a test every three months but not sure of the cost of the test.

Also does anyone get the meds from prescription and does this work out any cheaper??

There is also some indication that the dog is suspected of having diabeties so any costings on that would also be helpful.

Thank you!!!

paulineh

Visit site
One of my Springer Spaniels has ? Cushings and at the moment I do not want to claim off the insurance.

My vet advised to join "The Healthy Pet Club" www.thehealthypetclub.co.uk Well worth looking at this as you can save money

Would be interested in your friends dog with Cushings as I have only ever known horses with Cushings. It was my equine vet that thought my dog may have it.

If you do not want to forward your friends details I am happy to PM you my details.

If you want to Pm me your friends contacts I would love to talk to them.

Last edited:

haycroft

Visit site
One of my Springer Spaniels has ? Cushings and at the moment I do not want to claim off the insurance.

My vet advised to join "The Healthy Pet Club" www.thehealthypetclub.co.uk Well worth looking at this as you can save money

Would be interested in your friends dog with Cushings as I have only ever known horses with Cushings. It was my equine vet that thought my dog may have it.

If you do not want to forward your friends details I am happy to PM you my details.

If you want to Pm me your friends contacts I would love to talk to them.

i havent heard of it much in dogs, like you only in horses..i was only reading on another forum that a member was asking about this disease in her dog

Brownmare

Visit site
Have a look on Viovet - I'm not sure what the meds are for Cushings in dogs but they have a good range and I've had metacam from there at a very good price.

Have you looked at herbal - vitex agnus castus can be more effective than the drugs depending on the individual (that is for horses so obv check with the vet that its safe for dogs) and can be bought from Holland and Barrett et al at a fraction of the cost

KarynK

Visit site
Thanks will have a look at those suggestions, just want to make sure the fees paid are reasonable!!

I have a couple of bills so will look and see what the meds are.

KarynK

Visit site
Yep Vetoryal 30mg price for 30 on bill £43.56 after the briefest of looks on the internet price £27.13 for same amount!!!

Britestar

Visit site
Plus whatever your Vet will charge your for a prescription, and he may only give a script for a month at time, so that amount has to be added to each month.

Usually if you get throught the Vet they will only want to see the dog every 3 -6 months once it is stable on the right dose.