price of land

debsflo

Visit site
we are hoping to buy a small section of field as extra turnout but need a rough idea per acre before approaching land owner.he has sold off land before and historically part of our garden was field and previous owners bought.it is currently crop field so gather if he agrees i would have to get change of use.any ideas on prices,

scribble

Visit site
I dont think you would have to get change of use unless you re doing livery in which case it becomes commercial rather than agricultural. Also price depends on grade of Agricultural land. Just checked farmer weekly and grade 3 Ag land is currenlt £5000/acre on average.

amc

Visit site
Not sure about your neck of the woods but where I am in North Essex you'd be looking at around £10k an acre if that helps
frown.gif

Mrs_Wishkabibble

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you would have to get change of use unless you re doing livery in which case it becomes commercial rather than agricultural. Also price depends on grade of Agricultural land. Just checked farmer weekly and grade 3 Ag land is currenlt £5000/acre on average.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree on the £5k per acre but if next to your property it could be much more expensive. You have to look at how much value it would put on your property with the extra land, farmers seem to realise this and can be very greedy!!
wink.gif

LCobby

Visit site
Grassland in pony paddock size, 10-20K per acre.
If splitting a field, expect tp pay for feincing and land registry change too.
In most case Change Of Use from Agricultural to horse grazing would be required. Keeping horses for leisure purposes is not Agricultural,

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
It all depends on how approachable the land owner is, how much money he can see it making, whether he is hard up etc. Around here (prime arable land in Suffolk) farmers that overstretched, buying new machinery when wheat was selling for £200/t thinking that was the way of the future etc, are now in serious debt, and having to sell off bits for as little as 4k/acre. However, those that are not having any money problems are still trying to get around 10k/acre for land. If the farmer knows you want to put it to grass for horses, then expect to pay around the 10k/acre mark. When selling to other farmers, it would be around the 5k/acre mark. It also depends how much land you want - if you want, say, 10 acres, they will probably give you a lower price per acre than if you are only after one or two acres. One of our neighbours paid a local farmer 150k for 2 acres!! He knew they were desperate for a paddock at home, and that they had money, so he took the for what he could get.

As for change of use, currently planning laws are thus; the land can remain as agricultural use as long as the horses are either breeding animals or just grazed on the land. As soon as the animals are ridden on the land, you must then change the use of the land from agricultural to leisure.

_daisy_

Visit site
there is a plot of land near us for sale and is just less than 30acres. theyve had an offer of £300k and it has been turned down.
ive been offered 30k and when asked the sellers price he wants £300K for it and most of it is land locked. so it looks like the land prices rounds us are still high.