price of livery, what u all think?

applestroodle

Visit site
i looked at yard last night which was BHS approved, it was really nice and quiet, had an ok school a bit water logged but after the rain we have had a can let go and lots of hacking! The lady wants £45 a week for grass livery, that includes feed, hay, straw and a box! i have to pay extra if want fed or rugs changed ect! i was a bit gob smacked at the price but thinking abt it mayb not so bad or do i have rose tinted glasses, lol!! any ideas guys??
confused.gif

Tempi

Visit site
what do you do in the winter when the school is flooded and you cant hack out as its dark?

I pay £160 a month on DIY livery which includes my own single paddock, lorry parking, all weather floodlite 60 x 25 menage, stable, all off road hacking, as much haylage as i want. I pay £25 a month extra on top of that for my own shavings.

Personally i think it sounds a bit steep, but it can depend what area you are in too.

katiejaye

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
what do you do in the winter when the school is flooded and you cant hack out as its dark?

[/ QUOTE ]

we have that problem with our arena in the winter but I just school around the puddles or practice Louis' swimming technique
grin.gif
I have to say it has it's uses, because of the water Louis has never had any issues going through water out on hacks and has never had an issue with water jumps
grin.gif

applestroodle

Visit site
Im up in Scotland and it hasnt stopped raining since...god i cant rememeber but the rain over weekend was horrible so im putting the puddles down to that, i mayb should wait till drys up and see if any better...

RLF

Visit site
i pay £25 per horse per week, that included use of 3 schools (1 indoor, but not available during winter), sand gallops,lorry parking, old walker, secure tack room with washing machine, some turnout but not 24 hours.

Sali

Visit site
I pay £80 P/W for full livery which includes everything, all feed, bedding etc. They have two menages, a lovely tea room. They hold competitions and have just become BD approoved. Hacking is fantastic, and have the keys to the forrest so it's all off road hacking. A XC course is being built and a solarium is due to be put in.

charlie76

Visit site
I pay £44 per week DIY livery with a stable and turn out with 1 other horse. Everything else is extra.
I have use of 2 outdoor arenas and an indoor arena, sj grass arena, 3 heights of xc courses, off road hacking, tackroom, feed and hay storage, tack shop on site, BHS approved , all staff BHS qualified and a cafe.

disco

Visit site
I pay £100 a month.
Includes: Use of XC course, Shared paddock with one other, Stable, All Haylage & straw, Off road Hacking, 24hr turnout if wanted. No school though so hack to a friends 5 mins away

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk

I pay £25 a week and that includes straw, use of indoor & outdoor school, horse walker, own paddock, over 400 acres of farm riding.
Have to pay extra to keep my trailer there (£10 a month) and extra for turn out.

Eccles

Visit site
I pay £30 pw which includes lovely haylage ad lib, use of floodlit indoor (ok but a bit small), outdoor (ok but no lights, surface ok to poor), single paddock turnout, loads of hacking, loads of fields to ride in, etc, show jumping paddock during summer, x-c field (but have to book a lesson to use it.) Mine is DIY and you pay for absolutely anything extra you want doing. Oh, and obviously a large indoor stable!
HTH!

NewHeights_SJ

www.newheights-showjumping.co.uk
Disco -i think she meant extra for the horse being turned out in the field.

My livery is expensive. I pay £65 a week on a sort of half livery basis. It includes everything except mucking out....

All hard feed, bedding, turn out/bring in, feeding at am & pm...use of all facilities - menage, horsewalker and lots of off road riding. Also have my tainer on site, BSJA accredited coach, and i get to go to shows ith her. I love it there, but it does break the bank a little.

Sneedy

Visit site
I think I can beat that!! I pay £78 a week for part livery which is everything except for exercsing - all mucking out, feed, hay bedding, individual turnout, turnout and bring in and rug changes. Is that quite steep for Northampton??!!!

disco

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Disco -i think she meant extra for the horse being turned out in the field.

Oh Yeah! - Just call me stupid!!
tongue.gif