Price per acre around you?

Tern

Visit site
Just out of interest, in what county are you and and per acre what price are you expected to pay? Down here I would be expected to pay 10k minimum per acre.

Tern

Visit site
Depends where in Gloucestershire, I know of a property in Gloucester with 8 acres, stables and a 3 bed house for under 300 k !

I also know a few but they are the ones that tend to flood badly and have horrific clay soils/be next to main roads or other put offs like next to rough area etc.

I meant if you were buying extra land.

burtie

Visit site
Last edited:

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
A 3 acre paddock with road access but not near any properties has just sold for £35K near me in South West Wales. It is very good grazing land, flat and well fenced and cared for.

dizzyneddy

Visit site
In South Yorkshire/North Derbeyshire/North Nottinghamshire its about £10k an acre when we were in Angelsey last summer we spoke to someone who bought 6 acres of decent grazing for £6k so that was really reasonable if it was true & wish l lived there

Highlands

Visit site
8 to 10 k a acre. Depends. Got 8 for 55k 2 years go but field with no other land around. Too big for pony paddock, too small to farm and too much maintenance for house next door. Cheeky offer secured.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
NW Surrey: a 3.5 acres field with water supply & NO stables/shelter has sold 6 months ago for just over £100k. It does have access direct onto hacking & is 3 miles from big town centre/30 mins train from W/loo.

Average of horse fields round here going for up to 40k per acre (more if stables/arena on). Large arable is around 15 - 20k per acre till you get further out & then around 10-15k per acres.

Tern

Visit site
Wow, I was mainly talking about the bare field.. you get the grass and some P&R if you're very lucky. :p The prices have gone up (Don't know why I'm surprised..) I think the prices may have gone up where I am a bit then, about 4 years ago it was over 10k, not sure I want to know what it is now! :(

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Out here in the wilds of Ireland (county Mayo) I've just bought 6 acres of well kept and well drained grazing with road access, mains water and (poor quality) dry stone walls for €5K an acre (around £3.9K). That is one of the reasons we moved here though, as back in Somerset you were looking at £20-30K an acre for small acreage with good access.

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Next to my old livery yard, a little yard sold for £150,000. Severn acres on a hill, hacking straight into the woods, road access and water and a brick stable block with 4 stables.

Annie B.

Visit site
A yard on the same lane as my place 5 acres in total 4 stables has just sold for £120k in tatty condition another has just gone up for sale has 7 acres 5 stables that need pulling down £140k . I can't help but wonder what my place would be worth but I don't want the hassle of estate agents. We are in lancashire.x

tda

Visit site
Village between wakefield and Huddersfield, Yorkshire near me has 2.18 acre paddock offers over £30k,No water and rubbish fencing
c. 8. acres pasture, no water and poor fencing, offers over 70k.

nobody has made a suitable offer yet!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
We went to an auction to possibly buy 5 acres last year with a guide price of £75,000 which we thought a lot as it was wet and very unlevel. It sold for 120,000 approx
Crazy money!

gryff

Visit site
South powys and we got outbid at 40k for a 2.4 acre field. Another piece of land that we thought we'd bought - 1.7acres for £30k- got taken off the market and is currently remarketed at 100,000 as it has potential for planning permission.

Ali2

Visit site
Cheshire good flat land with road access around us is going for 22k per acre atm

:O We're in Cheshire too. We're on flatish land with a good mix of meadow grass species on well draining sandy soil, reasonably well hedged (needed some hedging/fencing work), with road access and only paid 10k an acre 18 months ago.

Merrymoles

Visit site
In Yorkshire but no longer in the dales where land was cheaper.

Now surrounded by high quality arable land which sells at around £15k/acre and usually in very large lots - eg 400 acres. I'm not sure what the premium is on smaller plots - on one hand could be higher if equestrian buyer but on the other, farmer's don't really want it if it's not big enough to get machinery on and off easily.

The upside is that it is incredibly fertile so produces a lot of grass (and therefore hay). The downsides are that virtually no land is fenced so any buyer will need to add the cost of fencing and drainage can be an issue.

OWLIE185

Visit site
If it is grazing land with planning permission for equestrian use in blocks of less than 20 acres about £22,000 per acre with the first acre being loaded. (Hertfordshire).