Price wise what do you think??

eahotson

Visit site
Going to see a Welsh cob. Don't know if he is papered or not.8 Years old. Ridden by 14year old and owned for the past 2 years.Done a bit of everything, including hunting,at local level.Hacks out on his own/company in very heavy traffic and is said never put a foot wrong.Only little if and but, can be a bit difficult to catch in summer when he enjoys being out. If he is as described he would be ideal for me.They are asking £5000 for him though. I can afford that but he does seem to be a bit overpriced.They say they paid £4800 for him as a 6 year old.What is the general opinion?

Cliqmo

Visit site
Yep overpriced, sadly however they probably wont believe you!! If you want to offer less I would gather a bit of info about what alternatives are out there on the market at the minute to make them realise
laugh.gif

lauraandjack

Visit site
Definitely overpriced! I have a very similar sounding sec D, 10 yo at the time, who is well bred and papered but hadn't done a lot and needed schooling, equally can be a sod to catch. Good in other ways, 100% traffic, farrier etc. Will jump a house or die trying. I paid £2350 for him 18 months ago and I thought that was a bit much then. But the owner was genuine and he has turned out to be a star.

There do seem to be a lot of nice, but average horses out there that people seem to want silly money for! Definitely wouldn't pay more than £4k including tack and rugs, 3 to 3.5 probably nearer the mark.