Prices for livery & Trailer / Lorry parking

Foxfolly

Visit site
As post, just wondered what the going rate is....

What should we be charging for a livery to keep a trailer / lorry on site?

Outside and Inside as we have both options. (I used to pay £1 per day for outside trailer storage at my old yard 5 years ago.. but I think that is pretty expensive)

Also what would people charge for full and part livery?

We include unlimited hay and straw and it is a nice area with good hacking, also 150 acres of fields to ride in plus show jumps and dressage arena set out when the weather permits!

At the moment we only have 1 livery and he pays £30 pw for DIY, but we do occassionaly help out at no charge. But as we are planning on expanding we need to sort out set prices, so that we are fair to all!!

We are planning on putting an arena in but not until next year at the earliest!!

josiesmithuk

Visit site
I don't pay for my trailer or lorry. We have school (floodlit). £110 per month inc straw, I buy in my own haylage. We have good hacking, individual turnout, small friendly yard. Wetherby area

jo x x

Ali2

Visit site
I pay £2 per week for trailer outside storage and £20 per week DIY livery for stable and unrestricted day time turnout. We have a good sized outdoor, a smaller indoor and decent hacking. Bedding and hay is additional and has to be bought from the yard which costs me about £18/week in the winter.

Shipley

Visit site
Trailer hire is included most yards around us its free if not £5 seems to vbe the norm. Part and Full is free trailer storage at all the yards I have asked at if that helps

Foxfolly

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Gosh! 2 people are keeping there trailors with me at no charge ! both inside will have to start charging them BOTH!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheeky sod
tongue.gif
.... I'm your wife, what mine is yours and all that...!!

I'm sure I pay you in other ways..
wink.gif
Of course I mean things like tending to your broken horse, mucking out the stinky pigs, feeding poorly lambs and calves!! Oh and all the lambing in the spring!!

In fact you use my 4x4 and trailer maybe I'll have to start charging you hire fees
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Leg_end

Visit site
I pay £157 (£140 inc indoor & outdoor school, 300 acres on site hacking, hay, straw and then £17 for under cover trailer storage)

At last yard trailer storage was free.

junior_7178

Visit site
My yard is £5 per week for a trailer and £10 for a lorry i THINK,but i dont have one so not sure exactly.

Part livery is £120 per week all inclusive (feed hay etc),and full livery is £165 per WEEK!

pocket

Visit site
I have just moved yards, I was on DIY £36 per week and £2 for outside storage of my trailer.

I'm now on 5 day part livery £60 a week and supply my own feed/bedding/hay. Outside trailer parking is £5 a week. We have a fully flood lite huge school (fantastic) and off road hacking which is £15 a month, with cross country course.

Its worth every penny, the owners have invested a lot of money into the property and its very secure
grin.gif

MizElz

Visit site
I pay £30 per week, to include all day turnout if required, use of floodlit outdoor school, fab hacking, inclusive hay and haylage and free trailer parking. Straw is extra @ £2 per bale
smile.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
i pay £25 per week for stable and then pay for straw and hay as i use it. haylage is £17.50 a week unlimited....
this is for DIY but then you can have 'jobs' on a pay as you use basis- eg. skip out is £1.50 i think, full muck out is £3 and all day livery is £5...etc...

it costs me £3 per week to park my trailer outside. wagons are £5 a week....

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
Livery prices - all depends upon area
i charge the following - DIY stable rent is between £18 - £25 per week, hayledge £11, wheat straw £3 per bale (also have barley, shavings or cushionbed if they prefer). For part livery, i take the day livery rate of £9 (for odd days) and reduce it maybe depending on amount of days livery needed etc. So for example, one part livery pays her DIY charges, plus £30 per week for the part livery. Another livery is going to be Full livery for 3 weeks next month, i am doing that for her DIY price plus £35 per horse (she has mutiple horses and is away for 3 weeks). i find its not easy to have a set price as after all, everyone has different needs for their horses.
facility wise they have all year grazing with shelters etc, indoor school, jumps, fields to ride in, rug racks etc etc etc.

Parking charges - i dont charge for boxes or trailers, i did consider starting to charge but apparently if you charge, there are insurance implications. It was someone on here who pointed it out so hopefully they will see this post and reply!

luckilotti

hillhousestables.co.uk
from memory its basically that the YO has a liabilit regarding the parking and if my memory serves me right, if you are paying for parking, you could in effect sue the YO if something happened to your box/trailer - not sure how accurate it all is but i know it stopped me charging my liveries when i was considering it. I guess in todays society when people like to sue people for whatever they can its best for YO's to protect themselves, in my case, i have signs up saying that they park at their own risk and also i dont charge - hence i am not as such providing the service of parking.
I hope someone else can shed more light on it !

Niffer

Visit site
There's a rumour that my yard owner is looking at charging £20 for a trailer and £25 for a lorry. A month!

Personally the word extortion springs to mind but I'd also like to be clear on where I stand insurance-wise.

If someone bashes my lorry whilst parked at the yard, is the YO liable if it's not obvious who did it?

Any help would be great!

sachak

www.pinkequine.com
well its £1 per day at our yard so works out about the same. and not its not unreasonable!

it is your responsiblity to insure the trailer/lorry adequately and it is the YO responsbility to ensure that there is ample parking out of harms way so to speak i.e. damage should not be forseeable.