Prices of horses for sale

happihorse

Visit site
I'm not looking for another horse at the moment but I do like to 'window shop' through the pages of H&H and on various websites to see what sort of horse I would go for if I was looking. Over the last few months, I have been able to find pretty decent ones for between £6K and £9K but all of a sudden the price for the same kind of horse seems to have shot through the roof to about £12K to £15K.

Has anyone found the same? Why have prices suddenly shot up?

Puppy

Visit site
I've been browsing too, (as shall probably be viewing in the near future) and am amazed at some of the prices
crazy.gif
That said, I've seen some advertised that have gone down by quite a few thousand pounds, so you have to wonder what percentage of those at high prices are actually selling for what they're advertised for. It's such a mine field.
confused.gif

However, I do feel confident at what I actually would pay for what after I've seen and ridden it - it's just sorting the wheat from the chaff when it comes to travelling around viewing.
crazy.gif
So many are over hyped!

Oldred

Visit site
I'm looking at the moment too. Big prices for (what I've seen) horses with problems. Because I've got a couple of retired horses here, I'm looking at my possible third horse thinking IF I had to sell it on, if it didn't work out, would it be saleable for anything like the money they are asking. The answer so far has been , no.

Ponyplanet

Visit site
i have noticed that some advertise for a big price, and when you call them & speak to them they say that they are not bothered if they sell or not, they thought they would see if they can get the mega price! I had so many folk say this to me when I was looking it was getting daft!

I found if people really did want to sell they had them priced realistically.

L

lilym

At the other end of the scale, I went to a sale last week where 4 yo TBs were barely making £200.......ridiculous isn't it??

cundlegreen

Visit site
These people are not living in the real world. I took three of my youngsters to the big Brightwells sport horse sale last week.The two foals had both got First Premium at the Futurity, and came 2nd and 4th at the show before the sale. I put a reserve of well under £1,000 to get them "on the market" and neither sold. I saw really nice almost county standard 3 year olds lead out unsold at £1,500. If I had lots of grazing , I'd have bought some in just to store them. Even made jumping horses were making around £3,600.