Pricing a hacking jacket

Clodagh

Visit site
Where do you even start?
Looking on eBay it’s hard to differentiate between a proper hunting tweed and a lightweight one.
Are there any other sites worth looking on?

palo1

Visit site
Where do you even start?
Looking on eBay it’s hard to differentiate between a proper hunting tweed and a lightweight one.
Are there any other sites worth looking on?

The Hunting shop has a really good selection of 2nd hand jackets for comparison and in my experience they are absolutely as described. I have had to buy at least 2 for my son as he has grown. And grown, And grown. Hopefully finished growing now and this year will be the last jacket purchased for a while!! :)

Clodagh

Visit site
Thank you both. I’m so sad at selling it but even if I went completely insane and took it up again I’d never get into it now!
I am keeping my hunt coat with buttons and collar, just because.

Clodagh

Visit site
38”.
It’s got a mark on the collar, looks like rust? It’s been stored for ages. Could be slow gin or blood though! May consult dry cleaners.

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Thank you both. I’m so sad at selling it but even if I went completely insane and took it up again I’d never get into it now!
I am keeping my hunt coat with buttons and collar, just because.

That's what I did! At least, I sold one of my hunt coats with buttons and collar to a friend of mine and kept an older one on the basis that over here nobody worries if it's a bit falling apart-y, but I'd have to starve myself for a few weeks before attempting to squish into it. But I still have buttons and collar in reasonable shape!

Clodagh

Visit site
That's what I did! At least, I sold one of my hunt coats with buttons and collar to a friend of mine and kept an older one on the basis that over here nobody worries if it's a bit falling apart-y, but I'd have to starve myself for a few weeks before attempting to squish into it. But I still have buttons and collar in reasonable shape!
My hunt coat was given to me by a senior lady of the hunt and is gorgeous. Would take more than a few weeks to get into it now, sadly.