Pride of Dulcotte PTS at Haydock :-(

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Fell in the Betfair Chase at Haydock today (at least I think it was Haydock, they were showing racing from Haydock and Ascot). Fell awkwardly and broke a leg.

Sympathies to all the connections - such a shame, he was only a novice.

Taffyhorse

Visit site
Ah - oops, I knew it was one or the other, typically I put the wrong one in the header.

Beautiful looking horse too - shame as it didn't look like a horrendous fall, although I only saw it very quickly on the tv and obviously there was no replay.

HihoGinger

Visit site
Ah - oops, I knew it was one or the other, typically I put the wrong one in the header.

Beautiful looking horse too - shame as it didn't look like a horrendous fall, although I only saw it very quickly on the tv and obviously there was no replay.

Yep, definitely Ascot.
While I wouldn't obviously recommend watching the replay, it looked like he probably broke the leg as he took off, as he seemed to struggle to get over and blundered rather than falling as such on landing. As you said, it didn't look like a bad fall, but I think the damage was already done on the takeoff side.
Very very sad to see. He was a handsome, talented horse with a big future ahead of him, and was going well until the incident.
RIP fella :(

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I watched this race and he hit the fence hard causing his jockey to unseat but I believe he broke his leg on the take off.

Pride of Dulcote was a beautiful horse with a big future and was described by Paul Nichols as the next generation, a big loss to the yard who have had mixed fortunes this year.

Yesterday I thought at Newbury they had lost Valentine Vic who had a horrendous fall but on the yards web site they said he was fine.

This season has been grim with the loss of high profile horses and I just hope we dont lose any more.

RIP Pride of Dulcote.

Daffodil

Visit site
Very very sad, and a horse I've been following. Tragic.

It's been a grim year for NH so far. Please let's not have any more.

RIP Pride of Dulcote

Caledonia

Visit site
While I wouldn't obviously recommend watching the replay, it looked like he probably broke the leg as he took off, as he seemed to struggle to get over and blundered rather than falling as such on landing. As you said, it didn't look like a bad fall, but I think the damage was already done on the takeoff side.

I agree with this to a degree, I definitely think the damage started as he was coming into the fence- but either way terribly sad.
As already said, we've lost some very high profile horses in what seems a spate, but I guess it's probably due to the lack of runs available to these horses over the current season because of the weather.

RIP, lovely boy, you were taken far too soon.

TelH

Visit site
I was thinking the same...it's been a bit of a rubbish year so far :( Joe Lively and Twist Magic, along with Pride of Dulcote have been perhaps the most high profile fatalities but there have been a number of others too :( Plus the huge disappointment of Kauto in the King George :( It's only just over 3 weeks until Cheltenham, lets hope it's a festival to remember but for the right reasons :)