Prince Fluffy Kareem and Marte.

respectedpony driver

Visit site
Hi Everyone,any PFK supporters out there,Marte is going through a hard time at the moment and needs oursupport.Send her a nice message to show you are thinking of her and all the beautiful animals she and Sherrif and gang look after.Thank you.We are all so lucky.Take Care.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Hi Everyone,any PFK supporters out there,Marte is going through a hard time at the moment and needs oursupport.Send her a nice message to show you are thinking of her and all the beautiful animals she and Sherrif and gang look after.Thank you.We are all so lucky.Take Care.

I am fund raised last week sold loads tack and also people donated stuff at end of car boot sale donated some stuff, we went up tack shop with money and sent loads first aid we raised 80 pounds with first aid for them.

Currently selling loads of the stuff on ebay for the fluffies

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Saw her fb post today, I honestly don't know how she does it :( I wish we could do more to help her from over here

You - you can do what we are doing :)

Advertise locally for any unwanted items, they came in loads of it, we took along to a equestrian car boot, and had donation tin also. We had a sign saying any unsold items we accept for charity. At the end of the car boot loads people donated items so we came back with more than we went and had £ 85 in cash collected These items went on sale at the next and so on, some items are on ebay now for the fluffies, proceeds go to split fluffies and Spana.

Any small head collars - numnahs-bits-brushes- etc we keep to go to Gambia Horse and Donkey Trust.

Next equestrian car boot is 11 April and another in May

Last edited:

Emma_H

Visit site
That girl is one of the strongest people I know, I couldn't do what she does and not crack.
They're so lucky to find her.

Pebble101

Visit site
You - you can do what we are doing :)

Next equestrian car boot is 11 April and another in May

Where is the next one? Unfortunately nothing to donate as I have already had a mega clearout, but I might be able to get along to support. I make a monthly donation to PFK now.

Thriller

Visit site
Such a hard thing to do. I couldn't no way. I could never let someone take a horse back that was only fit for a bullet. Hopfully one day the laws will catch up but I doubt it will be for many many many years.

Mariposa

Visit site
I think Marte, Emma and Sherif are bloody amazing. I spoke with Emma a few weeks ago and she gave me the run down on some of the difficulties they face, I just don't know how they do it.

My mum and I sponsor Hock Filly, they've done such an amazing job with her, they are wonderful people.

Pixxie

Visit site
I and a couple of friends at uni are planning a fundraiser once exam fever has calmed down and before it ramps up again so watch this space (plus any easy fund raising ideas for strapped for cash students would be greatly appreciated :) )

Boxers

Visit site
I'm n FB follower but to my shame I have never donated. But today I have. We have given up horses in this family (for the moment) and so I am selling loads of stuff on ebay, therefore I have made a donation today. A very worthy cause.

respectedpony driver

Visit site
I am so pleased that I started this thread.I donate when I can and what I can afford so dont think you have to donate £25 all at once.They have a £1 day on the 25th of each month so you can just donate a pound or what ever you want.Weeble is my favorite,when he arrived at PFK I didnt think he would ever stand on his crooked little legs but Marte put a video of him the other day and he is all grown up and strong.I couldnt be faced with such sadness everyday and I dont know how they do it,but thank goodness they do.

Landcruiser

Visit site
I donate £6 a month by DD in their "Raise the rent" scheme. I think what they do is amazing, they have my total admiration. For some reason I've not been getting FB updates though - I'll have a look at their page to see what's going on.

FionaM12

Visit site
I follow PFK's inspiring work on Facebook but for some reason have never donated before. Today I read their appeal for money for the hay fund and donated a little, wondering why I haven't done so previously.

If every one of the enormous number of people who follow them donated a little from time to time, what a great help it would be. Now that I've saved their details to my online banking account, I'll help them regularly.

Boulty

Visit site
I'm another who has followed them for a while and whilst I've sent them the odd box of bits and bobs that I don't need anymore I've never donated actual money. Finally got up off my bum today and set up a monthly DD. Not for big bucks as I'm not flush with spare money at the end of the month but I guess if we all gave a little bit it all adds up

pistolpete

Visit site
Me too Boulty! Set up a DD on Saturday. Gosh it's so heart breaking. They are fantastic to cope with all that suffering on a daily basis.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
This website shows all the fund raising we have done for the Fluffies - Gambia and Spana. I wont post it on here as it does have for sale items so in respect to the rules I wont post it but it shows all the work we have done and achieved for our 3 charities.

We are going to Hickstead next week and there are pictures of all the things we are taking down for Gambia.

A guess would be just under £ 500 so far we donated this year all from fundraising and selling donated items. Feels really good to help, all we do is give up our time the rest is down to public generosity.

Last edited:

Spilletta

Visit site
Thought this was worth a bump. Very easy to donate, although wish I could give more. I'm going to follow up on how to make the protective fluffy nosebands as I think that's something my mum and her sewing friends would love to get involved with.