Problems with ArcEquine charging ?

mrussell

Visit site
Does anyone have any experience of problems charging the Delivery Unit ?

Went to use mine tonight and it said it needed recharging. Plugged it in at 2.45pm and its still not charged 3 hours later. The books says 2 hours to charge and thats all it took from new. I did unplug it o see if it had enough charge to run a sequence (it didnt). Wondering if that affects its charging process ?

Have emailled Ian for help but really hoping its not b*ggered up after just 3 weeks of use :/

mrussell

Visit site
dont think it can be because the delivery unit only flashes 1 and 3 when its plugged in...so surely its connected ok... if I switch the charger off at the wall it just flashed at 1 and 3 instead (it that it needs to be charged)

Auslander

Visit site
Have you spoken to Ian? I had an issue with mine, and he told me to send it back to him. I received a new unit within 48 hours

slumdog

Visit site
is it the charger? i use my kindle charger for the arc equine i have been lent so you could maybe try that?

Sorry I can't help with the charging issue but you're a star! I've been using it on my broken leg but I lost the charger a week ago (how I can loose something when I've not moved off the sofa I have no idea!) I've just plugged in my kindle charger and now it's charging happily! Thank you :)

BeckyC

Visit site
Sorry I can't help with the charging issue but you're a star! I've been using it on my broken leg but I lost the charger a week ago (how I can loose something when I've not moved off the sofa I have no idea!) I've just plugged in my kindle charger and now it's charging happily! Thank you :)

Glad i could help!! i got lent one by a friend for my arm but he'd lost his charger so i had to have a little experiment as to what would work!!

mrussell

Visit site
Had more issues today with the delivery unit flashing alternate red and green at LED 5. Ended up swapping the carbon leg strap for the one with pop-on pads and managed to get it working eventually. I am really impressed with the effect its having on the horses but not impressed that it seems so unreliable after just 3 weeks..

Auslander

Visit site
Had more issues today with the delivery unit flashing alternate red and green at LED 5. Ended up swapping the carbon leg strap for the one with pop-on pads and managed to get it working eventually. I am really impressed with the effect its having on the horses but not impressed that it seems so unreliable after just 3 weeks..

Spoken to Ian yet? As above poster mentioned - there was an issue with some of them

mrussell

Visit site
Yes have spoken to Ian via email..he wasnt sure why it wasnt charging although we got there in the end wth it so he agreed that it may have been because we unplugged and then plugged back in so it "restarted" the charge process.

Then last nights trouble he thought may be because neither me nor my OH were getting the jack plug in right despite 6 or 7 attempts each.

My reason for posting wasnt the make the item/company look bad (he is afterall coming back to me each time) its to find out whether this is a problem anyone else has had and that its something we are doing or has a way round it. The ARC has made a big difference already so its definitely NOT my intention to cause any trouble. I am just hoping I dont have to send it back and wait for it to be tested and another sent out..dont want to be without it !

Auslander

Visit site
Yes have spoken to Ian via email..he wasnt sure why it wasnt charging although we got there in the end wth it so he agreed that it may have been because we unplugged and then plugged back in so it "restarted" the charge process.

Then last nights trouble he thought may be because neither me nor my OH were getting the jack plug in right despite 6 or 7 attempts each.

My reason for posting wasnt the make the item/company look bad (he is afterall coming back to me each time) its to find out whether this is a problem anyone else has had and that its something we are doing or has a way round it. The ARC has made a big difference already so its definitely NOT my intention to cause any trouble. I am just hoping I dont have to send it back and wait for it to be tested and another sent out..dont want to be without it !

Poor you - it is frustrating! Ian sent me a new one very fast - I think it literally went out the moment mine arrived at his!

I keep having interesting things happen with the Arc - yesterday the farrier asked me what had changed recently as Alf was standing far better, and his horn quality was much improved.

mrussell

Visit site
Auslander, we had a deep cut on our horses fetlock that was healing really slowly because of its position on the front of the joint. 2 days after starting the ARC it had closed, 5 days later and you couldnt see where it was. I am not saying it wouldnt have healed without the ARC but the coincidence is eery !

I think what I am worried about is that its something WE are doing or that its not the delivery unit but something to do with the actual leg strap wiring. Hoping it was all a bad dream and it turns on first tme this afternoon and stays on. Nobody hates a red light right now more than me ... ;)

slumdog

Visit site
I bought mine for my 20 year old grade A showjumper, within 2 days he was loose and working in an outline without being asked (he tends to go round like an old goat if I let him lol) even my trainer noticed without me telling her!

But the best part is as you know I badly broke my leg, well initially they said 6 week none weight baring, but after using the arc on myself for 2 weeks they were so happy with the progress I've only got 4 weeks none weight baring, so from Thursday I can start hobbling round in my cast! :)

Auslander

Visit site
Auslander, we had a deep cut on our horses fetlock that was healing really slowly because of its position on the front of the joint. 2 days after starting the ARC it had closed, 5 days later and you couldnt see where it was. I am not saying it wouldnt have healed without the ARC but the coincidence is eery !

I think what I am worried about is that its something WE are doing or that its not the delivery unit but something to do with the actual leg strap wiring. Hoping it was all a bad dream and it turns on first tme this afternoon and stays on. Nobody hates a red light right now more than me ... ;)

it is a bit spooky when things just disappear. Alf had chronic capped elbows - lumps of scar tissue the size of weetabix under the skin, and a month into Arc treatment, I noticed that they had virtually disappeared. V odd!

fairyclare

Visit site
I bought mine for my 20 year old grade A showjumper, within 2 days he was loose and working in an outline without being asked (he tends to go round like an old goat if I let him lol) even my trainer noticed without me telling her!

But the best part is as you know I badly broke my leg, well initially they said 6 week none weight baring, but after using the arc on myself for 2 weeks they were so happy with the progress I've only got 4 weeks none weight baring, so from Thursday I can start hobbling round in my cast! :)

Sorry to hijack, Slumdog I am really pleased to read this!
I am currently on strict bed rest following a bad fall where I have badly broken my wrist and have a grade 3 trauma to my kidneys. I got the Arc unit on me as soon as I could. I was operated on the 12th June and spent the week in hospital.
I can't wait to go back to the fracture clinic and see what the progress has been. The wrist is pinned and plated.
Probably more importantly though, the kidneys, at the moment Dr is saying 6 months no riding and 6 weeks complete rest until the urology app follow up.

Can't say I noticed a huge difference in the horse, but I have seen great results in me for swelling and bruising!

philamena

Visit site
I had problems with the unit failing to charge. We narrowed it down to the lead rather than the charger itself, so I put my kindle lead with the arc charger and it charged fine.