LATSNIKUS Rihards
IRLSAVAGE Geraldine
SWEJOHNSSON Anita
CANSCHLOSS Jody
HKGTSE Pui Ting Natas..
AUSOAKLEY Rob

louisemum

Visit site
I love the rather understated title "Problems with channel 4" ! ! !
Last night "the presenters ?" (You know the two people who filled in between various different sports AND adverts) confidently stated that todays programmes featured swimming, athletics, 5 a side football, cycling etc; and the dressage from Greenwich !
Goody, I thought because today was my day off and I could spend the day
watching some very talented, brave riders and their equally beautiful, clever horses !

What a b....y joke the coverage was ! As someone mentioned earlier, the adverts seemed to be more important because we saw more of them than any of the individual tests. In fact, I only saw 3 tests ! and that was more by luck than judgement. I channel hopped from 104 to 135 to 450, 451 and 452 thinking...I must be missing something ! So I phoned my sister in Devon to find out if she knew what happened. I can't write what she said.... But it was colourfully put !.... Absolutely diabolical coverage !
Don't get me wrong, all the sports, every single one of them were amazing to watch. But, it seemed to me that the equestrian sport is the poor relation and only warranted a very occasional mention ! !
Shame on Channel 4 ! and on the person who decided that the dressage wasn't important enough to devote an hour or two's T.V. viewing time. Highlights would have been good. I, like everyone else on this forum would have liked to see competitors and their horses from around the world, as we did with the B.B.C.s outstanding coverage. That was amazing, excellent, And now....What a let down. It is so sad ! !
I am working tomorrow (today ?) But it appears that I won't miss much if Todays (Yesterdays) coverage is anything to go by.
I will try to watch on line when I get home.
By the way,Thank you to Xander for the scoring.

labruyere

Visit site
five sessions now complete (Thurs and Fri)

:)
British riders leading in 4 of the grades

German rider leading other grade
- with the British contestant in second place...

Individual grades Ib and II to be decided tomorrow
->>> good luck Lee and Natasha
(both currently leading)

link to detailed results available on my blog

Xander

Visit site
:D :D

GBRBAKER Natasha [(GII)]
GERNAPEL Britta
GERTRABERT Angelika [(GII)]
NEDvan de SANDE Petra
IRLBYRNE Eilish [(GII)]
CANBARWICK Lauren
NEDBOLMER Gert [(GII)]
BELMINNECI Barbara
ITAVERATTI Silvia
DENNIELSEN Caroline
USAHART Rebecca [(GII)]
MEXBAITENMANN HAAKH E.. [(GII)]
ITASALVADE Francesca [(GII)]
BRAMELARANCI Elisa
RSAMOLLER Wendy
AUTHALLER Thomas
USADEDRICK Dale
RSADAWSON Anthony [(GII)]
NZLGUNNER Anthea
MEXOTHEGUY GONZALEZ M.. [(GII)]
MEXFIGUEROA ROMERO Fe..

AUSBOWMAN Grace [(GII)]
EL

ITACECILIA Antonella
EL

Visit site
I cant seem to get a grip on the Paralympics generally. I think its C4s coverage is so bitty, I keep missing the various finals and have to look online to see whos won medals for GB. and every time I tune in its ads or someone wittering on.
I loved the BBC for the other Olympics

louisemum

Visit site
It looks like Channel 4's view of equestrianism is set !
Frankly, they obviously don't think it is as important as any of the other sports featured in the coverage of the paralympics !
Example....
3.5mins of adverts then 5.5mins of Lee's test then back to the studio to talk ! !
and so it continued with 3 other glimpses of Greenwich in this whole afternoon!

I am disgusted, disappointed and lots of other feelings that I can't write here.

Channel 4 ! it's Shameful ! :mad:

angelish

Visit site
also disappointed :(
i was really looking forward to learning more about para dressage ,what the tests involved and what the different grade of riders had to do etc
but i'm still non the wiser :( i managed to catch the last 50 secs of lee's test today through sheer luck
giving a time when its on would be helpful even if its only 10mins coverage but "its on ch 4 sometime today" really isn't good enough :(

hcm88

Visit site
Haven't read the whole thread but I've found C4's coverage poor. The adverts first of all, I thought they'd at least try to limit them to once an hour or something but no- it ruins it completely. At the opening ceremony the commentating was abysmal and dire. The lack of coverage is also disappointing, I wanted to see all of the dressage and have only managed to catch half of a test. Who are they to decide who we want to see and who we don't want to see? At least provide a good online service if not on the tv!

louisemum

Visit site
Reading my H and H this evening, I came across the article on page 8.
entitled Paralympics. TV coverage 'dependant on medals'

It hinted that coverage may depend on how well our G.B. riders do!

But a channel 4 spokesman is quoted as saying there would be "comprehensive coverage" but was unable to confirm a schedule before the H and H went to press on Monday ! !

This 'spokesman' also stressed that "dressage will be a major feature of our morning and afternoon live programming"

Who was this spokesman ? his or her statements are proving to be rather large
porkies ! and I for one am disgusted !
:mad:

labruyere

Visit site
things aren't getting any better...

the only coverage we're getting seems to be about Lee's slightly unfortunate 'hard on' quip :(

5 gold medals won today... guess which one got effectively no coverage (same on BBC news too)..???? :mad:

for blog readers I have now resorted to posting the best of the Youtube videos... have found nice one showing excerpts from Sophie Wells test on Friday

>> angelish... i was really looking forward to learning more about para dressage ,what the tests involved and what the different grade of riders had to do etc

have link to all the FEI tests they are using (on blog) by grade
I also found a table giving an overview of what paces and movements should be demonstrated by grade
- if I can find it again I will add that to blog post too :)

now, if it was football we wanted to watch... :rolleyes:

onemorehorse

Visit site
Hi, just checked and it is there! Try going on youtube and searching for "Lee Pearson Paralympic dressage test at Greenwich 2012", thats the title of the clip.

onemorehorse

Visit site
Got excited then as Channel 4 website have got paradressage clips, but when you click on them nothing happens! Still yet to see any of the other GB tests :mad:

onemorehorse

Visit site
Yeah, have found some of the tests!! :)

Sorry links not working. They are on the Channel 4 paralympic website. Will try and post links (that work)

cally6008

www.tracingequines.co.uk
This is why I haven't been able to get in to watching the paralympics .. a lack of decent viewing and the lack of any newspaper articles as well.

Team GB won a medal in the olympics, it was posted EVERYWHERE

Paralympic Team GB win a medal, it gets a 2 line sentence slotted in another article

HBM1

Visit site
it is on Channel Four all day - I do find the additional channels annoying though, rather than showing a schedule card why not show replays, surely that would be better.

they do seem a bit too besotted with the men's wheelchair basketball. I have seen a lot of equestrian though, swimming, athletics and rowing.

I didn't know Channel Four had the Grand National now, as well as many other huge races, Clare Balding just said (very shyly) that she was headlining them all as presenter....I am loving her coverage of the paralympics, just as well-educated on it as she was the olympics...
Edited to say I know it isn't a great paper, but the Daily Mail website is covering it pretty well too.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I can't believe how poor Ch4 has been all over not just against our equestrians; the BBC spoilt us with their coverage for us to be willing to accept the cock ups we've been subjected to and we won't be the only sport to be affected.

I can't believe how rude they are whenever one of ours doesn't win or get placed, it's almost as if they don't accept other nations will be watching and wanting to know how their own competitors do. How rude to not even acknowledge the other placed entrants and give us their names when they're standing in the Gold spot or wait for their National Anthem to be played at times; that is not the spirit of the Games that I want to remember and I hope other countries don't go away thinking it's sour grapes to be snubbed like that from the general British public when it's Ch4's coverage to blame.

lesleypt

Visit site
How understated is this title.

I would like to add, I sat and watched Channel 4 ALL morning today to try & see Sophie Wells test, and they kept saying "coming up", and showing adverts of Lee Pearson, but guess what... no coverage.

When they did eventually show her test they showed about 45 seconds of it, editing it so you saw her enter the ring, do a 20m circle then another move or two followed by her centre line salute and exit!

Disgusting how C4 are completing ignoring GB's success in the Equestrian, they did show Debbie Criddles test later in the day, but that was it. :mad::mad::mad:

I ended up switching off C4 and watched Burghley on BBC2 instead! :rolleyes: Which wasn't live either, but at least you saw some action!!

HBM1

Visit site
they did show Sophie Christiansen's test this evening and did quite a long one to one interview with her after. I have to say I am amazed how the athletes who have involuntary movement such as Sophie, manage to not only sit on a horse, but do not use stirrups and use their bodies to move these horses along...I am just in awe of them - as well as all the other athletes. Watching the long jump earlier, I have no idea how they do not injure themselves with those blades as they land..they are all far braver than me.

i do agree some of the presenters can be very rude - earlier that odd Georgie woman asked if a GB athlete would have a gold post box in her hometown, then she says "oh no it was only a Bronze" and moved swiftly on....no it wasn't only a Bronze, it was a Bronze, third in the world in their chosen sport...something to be very proud of.

onemorehorse

Visit site
I've posted the links to some of the test on the Equestrian Team GBR Facebook page if anyone wants/is able to view them on there. 3 so far. Links don't seem to be working on here, just says page not available.

peanut

Visit site
I've posted the links to some of the test on the Equestrian Team GBR Facebook page if anyone wants/is able to view them on there. 3 so far. Links don't seem to be working on here, just says page not available.

Thank you! It will be the first Paralympic equestrian I have managed to see :(

Visit site
Well I kept flicking in and out of channel 4 to try and see Lee Pearson and managed to catch the last half. I am giving up on the games now as everytime I turn on its a minute of something then an ad break. Totally spoiled it for me so Im not bothering any more.

onemorehorse

Visit site
Posted some more clips from Channel 4 on the Equestrian Team GB Facebook page. Think that's everyone's test on there except for Lee's first one which doesn't appear on C4. :(

labruyere

Visit site
Thanks onemorehorse (Sue?) you are a legend... ;)

how/where did you find these? I've dug all over the internet over the last few days and couldn't locate them...

just in case anyone else can't find them at first...
you need to look under the recent posts by others section
not the main posts on that FB page

thanks again

onemorehorse

Visit site
Thank you! Yes I am Sue. Found them just through constant searching in my desperation to see some dressage! They seem to be getting the message on C4 as they showed the three medal winning tests from Lee's class yesterday. But it has taken 4 golds, 3 silvers and 1 bronze medal to get to that stage! :rolleyes:

lesleypt

Visit site
I have channel 4 on in the background whilst I work, and they have said they are going to cover Sophie C at 4pm this afternoon! Fingers crossed they will show it!