Progressive Earth Balancer - Any cheaper alternatives?

KatWuh

New User
Visit site
Hi

I've been giving my horse the Pro Earth Pro Hoof balancer for the last few months to help with a transition to barefoot behind - he eats it and seems to be doing well on it. I've just ordered another few months supply but it is quite pricey (postage is £7.99 as well!) Just wanted to see whether anybody uses anything similar but cheaper they could recommend?

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I opted for their pro balance + rather than hoof when I transitioned. My horse has been barefoot 13 years after shod all round with thin soles and crumbling hoof.
I had a new farrier this week as mine is ill and he commented how strong her hooves are - concavity and strong soles.

Roxylola

Visit site
My farrier commented on how bons feet were better when I swapped from farriers formula to pro hoof. So I'd stick with it.
But you can order bigger packs, or multiples both work out cheaper and postage is same. I generally get 2 lots of 60 day bags

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I struggled to get mine to eat it so I buy spillers daily balancer none of theirs have added iron but lots do, I know it's pellets and there is a bit of mollases but they love it.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I found it a lot cheaper to use the separate things the horse needed.

I used to supplement copper sulphate, zinc sulphate, magnesium oxide (as calmag, 25kg for £15). Those are the core things. For gut health I also fed yeasacc. And salt because some people say it's necessary and it's cheap and harmless.

When I moved I didn't need salt because the place was on a salt plain, but I did then need selenium.

I would give vitamin E to all horses December-April, and all the time to a horse that doesn't get much green grass.

SO1

Visit site
I have just started Bert on feedmark essential super saver 14 vitamins and minerals it is iron free. Cost about £13 a month including postage. Prior to that he didn't have anything.

vam

Visit site
I have feed most of them at some point depending on finances. Pro mineral and Pro balance basic work well but i've gone onto Pro balance plus coming into summer when her grazing is more restricted and covers pretty much all the bits i need and it works out at about £20 per month which is more manageable.

JoannaC

Visit site
I use the probalance + and it has made such a difference to their feet. I've started hacking more and my mare hasn't been footy at all and considering how wet is been i'm impressed. I thought i'd have to put her in shoes once I upped the work but so far so good. It is pricey though especially now i've put the oldies on the veteran one, I was wondering how to make it last longer without compromising the good it does. I was debating on half a scoop over the summer rather than a full.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
See if this link works.

It's best to download and open in excel as easier to read in a spreadsheet.

However cheapest are pro mineral (39p per day) pro balance basic (63p) and equinatural (51p)

All these manage to have good levels of essential minerals but manage to be cheaper as they use sulphate/oxides of copper/zinc instead of bioplex.