Project pony :-)

elkiebean

www.sendbarnsequestrian.co.uk
Hi,

I got a little project pony a few months ago, called monty 14.2hh skewbald Cob. very sweet :) he is very hairy at the moment but going to clip and hog him as think he will look much smarter :)

here are some pics of him at the moment:
376136_2681503593822_1143279579_33128729_667075241_n.jpg

307941_2421103252038_1385139268_2888406_1963107020_n.jpg

has anyone else had projects or got ones at the moment, would love to hear about them :) he is my first.

LauraWheeler

Visit site
He looks like a very sweet lad. Hope you have lots of fun with him.
I always take on project ponies. Trouble is I rarely ever part with them ;) I had Lucy for 12 years and my newest one Herbie isn't ever going anywhere now :eek: I tend to take on last chance ponies though. I'd be scared of what may become of them if I sold them on :(
What are your plans for Monty? :)

elkiebean

thanks for replying :)

He is lovely, havnt met such a chilled out horse before him haha

lots of fun to ride, taken him to dressage and he seemed to like it did really well :)
i would love to keep him but i want to get another one after him to bring on and sell so i cant not sell him really. will only be going to the best!!! :)

he is advertised at the mo so just trying to get him to experience as much as i can.

took him to xc as well, loved it!! want to try him out hunting as well.

will put a pic up of him after he is hogged as well.

Gracie21

Visit site
Project ponies are the best!! I have only had one proper horse, and she was a right cow-bag! I prefer to have them unfinished so I know they will be nice "people", even if I have spent many hours crying over them!

Good luck, have lots of fun and don't ever give up! :) :)

elkiebean

i was surprised at how good he has been as previous owners said he was very spooky, couldnt hack alone and if others bolt or spook he will follow.

hasnt put a foot wrong since he has been here, he actually babysits our older horses on hacks lol and i hack him bareback to the field aha

loving having him around, my mare doesnt always appreciate the hugs so its nice to be able to do anything with him as he just loves it :)

SamanthaUK

Visit site
First of all what a beauty! He is gorgeous!

I quite like the idea of having a project pony but i'd never want to sell which is really the point :') hehe! I want a welshie or a cob! :D

Good luck with him!

Alfie&Milo

Visit site
Yep, bought a six year old welsh c mare last may for a bit of a project to bring on as she had had a couple of years off since being broken in to have an unplanned foal. Did some basic schoolwork and groundwork over the summer, fell in love with her (and thank god for that because she was sold to me pregnant and I wouldn't have been able to sell her as a riding pony with that bump!) She's due April, so must have been running with a stallion literally weeks before I bought her :( but oh well, will try bringing her on again next year with foaly alongside, trying not to let it stop me lol :D

Also, agree to no chopping off those lovely feathers and mane!!

calon

Visit site
I wouldnt be hogging him he is better as he is he is too much a traditional for hogging not a show cob leave him in his glorey if your intention is to sell him he will sell better x

elkiebean

he hasnt been hogged ect yet but really think he will look much smarter. friend agrees and she knows a lot more than me :-D aha

got someone interested in him which is why he isnt hogged ect as not sure what she prefers yet. rode him today though and he was soo good, his canter especially has improved so much :)

would love to go to Ascot sales and get a nice big ex racehorse :) maybe a bit much for a second project tho haha!!

:)