Prolite Girth based on Fairfax

Anna*

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone had tried the prolite girth that's been made as a synthetic version of the Fairfax. I need a new girth and was wondering if it was worth the £90 price tag.

splash30

Visit site
I think they are quite hard to touch and don't fancy putting one on my horse.
I wanted to try one without the Fairfax price tag, so I am currently using a Aerborn pressure relief girth and I'm really happy with it, it's made a huge difference to my horse.
I need a leather one so will probably splash out for a Fairfax at some point.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
There do seem to be quite a lot of reports of rubbing with them, I use a harry dabbs waffle version for less than half the price very successfully.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I love my Fairfax leather one, it has really solved the rubbing problems I had with a sensitive chestnut. I don't like the feel of the Prolite ones though, they seem quite a lot harder to touch.

gryff

Visit site
My sensitive ginger mate didn't like the prolite or the fairfax. Again, the Harry dabbs girth is a good compromise. Lovely quality and good price tag.

Deltaflyer

Visit site
My chap seems fine in the Prolite. He is quite sensitive around the girth area in that he gets rub marks quite easily, but with the Prolite, so far so good.

Cowpony

Visit site
I love mine, and my pink-skinned mare doesn't seem to get rubbed by it. I've recently clipped her and have ridden her in it since then without rubs. She does go a lot better in it and seems more comfortable than in her previous girth.

McFluff

Visit site
My mare is fine in hers. No rubs and she's fully clipped with pink skin. My saddler says they are good and worth the money IF they fit and suit your horse.

HBrae2

Visit site
I got one for Christmas and pony 2 doesn't seem to like it at all. Well, not sure if it's the girth but he's being a bit of a git the last twice I've schooled him and that's the only thing that's changed - sorry to hijack thread but has anyone else experienced their horse not going as well with it ?? Not a sensitivity issue or rubbing on this one. Any ideas WHY they wouldn't like it since it's supposed to be so comfortable?

McFluff

Visit site
I wasn't too sure first couple of times I used it, but mare quickly settled and now goes well. I think it must just feel different to them. I thought about stopping using it, and saddler advised to try a couple more times and she settled well. I persevered as she has a forward girth groove so it helps with saddle stability. I would assume that it won't suit all, just like there is no one product that suits all humans.

HBrae2

Visit site
I hope he'll like it - it's difficult to know as I've only had him for 2 months and it's equally possible that he's just trying me out a bit!!

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
I love mine. However it did run when my friend hacked my mare out and didn't pull her legs forward after tightening it. It's fine when you do though!! It really helps with saddle stability on my roundish mare.

acorn92x

Visit site
Rubbed my horse raw to the point she had to have a week off work from only one use for an hour - she's an Irish cob and although clipped, isn't the sensitive sort at all. I got a refund from the shop I brought it from buy Prolite have been useless with offering any feedback on this. I wouldn't touch one with a barge pole!

Embo

Visit site
Yep, got one and no issues with it. Not sure if it's improved his way of going, but then I can only use it on my jump saddle currently and I've not done much jumping since I got it!

I do like it, though.