Protexin Acid Ease and Gut Balancer?

Horsekaren

Visit site
I had my boy on Gut balancer as per my vet,it helped greatly at the start but the last week my boy has got a lot more aggressive. Someone suggested to change to the Acid Ease (they have experience of using both) and advised they use the balancer all the time and change to the Acid Ease when the horse starts to show aggressive behavior and its works.

I have been using the Acid Ease now for 2 - 3 days and my boy is soooo much better, he has turned from stone to butter. I noticed his poos seem harder (they wasn't particularly sloppy before but they did pong and were a bit sloppy when he first started to push ... sorry details :D
Yesterday was his second day on it and last night he came in and ate every morsel of hay (i hadn't changed the amount) he also drank more and didn't seem to walk around as much.

Has anyone else had this type of response?

I am going to speak to my vet tomorrow and explain what i have changed and what has happened.

ihatework

Visit site
Protexin Acid ease is one of my go-to products. I was lucky to have some Protexin sponsorship a few years ago and have remained loyal since.

Girlracer

Visit site
I have been feeding my horses the gut balancer for about 2 weeks now, and have definitely noticed an improvement in the one that I know has gut issues. I did wonder about Acid ease as far as if I have noticed an improvement if I should give him a course of that too to really get things in check.

I have also just started using their quickfix when doing anything stressful too.

Horsekaren

Visit site
i suppose its making me wonder why is it working so effective so quickly, what causes acid build up? he has access to food all day and night :/ does anyone know if this stuff gets to the hind gut? Would something like this be particularly effective on Stomach Ulcers?

vam

Visit site
I've put mine on the gut balancer as she hasn't settled as well as I would have hoped when I moved yards and has just been grumpy. Her behavior has improved a bit but her appetite has improved more than any thing, she will get a mot just in case but I'm happy enough with how its worked.
I'm keeping her on it but might give the acid ease a go next month as a sort of kick start and then back onto the gut balancer.

Scot123

Visit site
I was wondering how long it took in general for you to notice a difference on the gut balancer? I have just finished my first tub, so about one month, and there's no noticeable difference. My horse has been vet checked and there's nothing to be found, they think he's just got a very sensitive gut! Do you think it's worth carrying on with another tub? Or maybe tryint the acid ease option? It just sounds as though others have seen a quicker effect, so maybe it's not going to work for my lad...

Horsekaren

Visit site
I was wondering how long it took in general for you to notice a difference on the gut balancer? I have just finished my first tub, so about one month, and there's no noticeable difference. My horse has been vet checked and there's nothing to be found, they think he's just got a very sensitive gut! Do you think it's worth carrying on with another tub? Or maybe tryint the acid ease option? It just sounds as though others have seen a quicker effect, so maybe it's not going to work for my lad...

I noticed an improvement within a couple of days. He then got worse so I tried acid ease, it he was great again for a few days. My Horse seems to have a lot going on but I defo noticed they both helped. When I gace the acid ease he ate all of his hay that night so he must have felt more comfortable.

Scot123

Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I thought it would probably have helped by now if it was going to. Can I please ask, has the acid ease continued to work past the first few days?

Asha

Visit site
I feed my gut balancer at double dose for it to really work.

I started off with a double dose, and saw a massive improvement within a couple of days. shes now on 1 scoop a day, and seems fine on this as well. Normal poos, not girthy and nicely forward. Had the physio out to her last night, and she was impressed with how she was noticeably more comfortable since weve been using the gut balancer.

Wonderful stuff.

OP Glad you've found something that helps

mandyroberts

Visit site
I rate the Gut Balancer but my old boy is a bit grumpy at the moment especially if you touch girth area and this has made me think to try Acid Ease - protexin is a great product